Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering this and want to know if any of you out there like the product.
I am told by the rep it shows up of course more on a black car. But I think it will be better than a bra or naked with chips and dings.

Im picking up my new black on black 2002 ZO6 in 1.5 hrs and am very excited! I cant wait to truly understand what you have all been talking about!!!!!

:cheers: :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats

I have no experience with that product, but it sounds intriguing. Congratulations on the new Z06. Just let her break in before getting serious. Best of luck and be safe.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't know about Black.......perhaps one of the Seattle boyz could chime in on the black, but I can tell you for a fact, that putting it on white can be a bit a a nightmare! The edges really show up, and if htere is any color to the product(a faint hint of yellow), it looks a bit different tonally(did I spell that right:-? :-? )

I've seen it on EB, and I think it looks fine, and I'm going to get it on my Z as soon as we get back from the NCM with it.

:cheers:

Congrats on the delivery of your new ride!:D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have the stongard version on my black Z06.

I have alot of it too!

Almost invisible on the sides, and front end. You can see it up to about 12 feet away on the hood but you have to know what you are looking for to notice it.

I do think this is the best choice for protection and ease of use. Previously I had a 98 black coupe and did the vinyl GM bra on and off all the time. It caused fine scrathces in the paint, and was a pain to take off, clean, reinstall, etc.

Also it did nothing for the other major trouble area the rocker panels and lower doors. I also have these areas protected :D

You are welcome to take a look at mine sometime as we are not to far away from each other.

Thanks, Rollin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on Rollin thanks so much for your input. I would be delighted to see your car. Im glad to hear about the stongard we have to do something up here in the great NW to combat the road form our babies. I just picked my car up about 4 hrs ago and it now has 55 miles on it. It is everything you guys have said it would be. I love it. Its scary fast oh yea!!! Its my first new car. Im watching the videao right now, but have half a mind to take a spin!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Damon:cheers:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've got it on my Yellow Z, works great, most people don't even realize it's on there unless they look really close or it's pointed out to them. I'm doing more (rocker panels and lower doors) tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
FYI,

I have a complete Corvette Armor kit on my TR. It's about 3 months old and only car-types notice it. I've washed it 6 or 7 times and have had no problems. I live in a new home area with many gravel trucks and sh__ all over the road. No dings yet. You must pay attention to the edges as dirt will build up there, especially where the edge faces forward. I have experienced no lifting at all.

I may be wrong, but I think they (CA and SG) are both 3M films. Different vendors probably have different cutting patterns.

Mine was professionally installed by someone who has done many hundreds of exotic cars. It took better than 5 hours! No way would I try an install.

Good luck......

:D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hello ZO6ROD & neighbor,
Have this on my Torch Red, and like someone said in previous post, can tell within about 12ft. away. But think looks much better than a vinal outdated bra. Newer Bras are so much nicer!:lol:

Give me an e-mail and maybe can meet to show you, as Ed Bozarth Chevy/Jerry Roth put these on alot of new cars.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Vuduchild -- I'm one of the NW Bruthas, and also have it on my EB. Its nearly impossible to see unless you know what your looking for.

If you can't find a good shop to install it in OR you could always buzz up here (assuming the roads are clean enough :D) and have Stongard install it in Bellevue. Thats where al the NWBs got ours done, and a 15% discount too :D. JZ was one of the first Zs in there and they basically custom cut all the now existing Z rocker panel pieces off his car, and now have them in their computer. For instance, if you get the rocker panel pieces, they are now one piece with the hole cut for the rear brake duct ... they did a good job of making the patterns. Then I had them make custom pieces for behind the rear wheels on mine ... and everyone followed suit on those, so now Stongard has these in there pattern files too :D.

Anyway, you will be happy with Stongard. Everyone who has had it done really likes it :D.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
ZeeOhSix said:
Vuduchild -- I'm one of the NW Bruthas, and also have it on my EB. Its nearly impossible to see unless you know what your looking for.

If you can't find a good shop to install it in OR you could always buzz up here (assuming the roads are clean enough :D) and have Stongard install it in Bellevue. Thats where al the NWBs got ours done, and a 15% discount too :D. JZ was one of the first Zs in there and they basically custom cut all the now existing Z rocker panel pieces off his car, and now have them in their computer. For instance, if you get the rocker panel pieces, they are now one piece with the hole cut for the rear brake duct ... they did a good job of making the patterns. Then I had them make custom pieces for behind the rear wheels on mine ... and everyone followed suit on those, so now Stongard has these in there pattern files too :D.

Anyway, you will be happy with Stongard. Everyone who has had it done really likes it :D.

ZEEOH.........

Z0000006 here, Can you Zaino and wax right up and over it??

I have it on a POS car I pull behind my coach, and have not waxed with it yet.

Thanks,

Win

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Z0000006 -- Yep, no problem waxing on the Stongard. Just don't use any wax/polish that has any abrasive qualities to it. I had a few little 'scuffs' in my Stongard and waxed lightly on it and the scuffs actually came out :D.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
ZeeOhSix said:
Z0000006 -- Yep, no problem waxing on the Stongard. Just don't use any wax/polish that has any abrasive qualities to it. I had a few little 'scuffs' in my Stongard and waxed lightly on it and the scuffs actually came out :D.
C:cool: :cool: L !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts