Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing all the good things the NW ZBruthas have been saying about the stomgard protection and seeing what happend to my 98 after only 33K miles I took the plunge and had it installed today.

I got the entire package + (Let's call it the JZ Kit) :D Entire front, mirrors, lights, rocker panels, bottom portion of doors, and even custom pieces around the insides of the fenders :D :D

Got it done in Bellevue, WA. Staff was all great and the installer was very talented and informative. They do offer a Z06Vette.com discount and say they are working at becoming a forum vendor thanks to JZ.

You can see their products and warranty at www.stongard.com

I am told that there is a 72 hour cure period, then a 30 day settling period after which time if I am unhappy with the install or an defects in the material or install I can come back and they will make it right free of charge!! :)

The warranty on the stuff is really good and even though the custom kit I got was pricey, when comparied to a repaint or a few hours work at a body shop it, the Stongard is in my opinion a great investment in my paint job.

I will post an update after some time has passed and I can better rate how the product stands up.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Congrats on the Stoneguard. I think we have all made a good choice. JZ and ZeeOhSix are happy with theirs. I should have had my nose done the first time and may go back after we get a front license cover made. I have been Zainoing right over it. No problemo.

Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Rollin Black -- You will probably notice a few little air bubbles here and there, but don't mess with them. After abouit a week they will disappear by themselves.

So you got custum pieces that goes around the whole inside fender lip too? I was thinking of that for mine, but never asked about it.

How far up did you go on the sides? The 'JZ' kit goes up into the door to the first vent crease -- super protection :D.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muffler - Thanks, I want to keep the car looking nice for awhile. I am glad it takes Zaino as that is her lotion of choice :) They did tell me however that the stongard cannot be buffed so I will nedd to be careful when running the buffer near the stuff. I got my front done because the bra takes a lot of work (on and off, clean, etc.) and it does distract from the looks of the car.

Zee - Thanks for the warning on the bubbles as there are a bunch of bubbles and other imperfections. I will try and be patient. The Stongard people actually said it could take up to a month to completely "settle".

On the sides I also went to the first (lower) vent crease, and also got the doors to the same height :D

I hop the protection is enough so I just need to replace the rear brake duct vents every couple years when they get to trashed.

I thank you guys for the idea to get this done in the first place.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Rollin Black,

If you don't mind me asking, what did all that cost you? Ballpark figures would be great... If you don't want to respond with the costs, I will understand.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm Back....

I've been gone for a while.....out of town, and then my ATT Cable service went belly up.....But its fixed now:D

Just wanted to say.....Stongard Rules.......The "JZ Kit" :lol: :lol:

I have called Stongard twice now....I hope that they become one of "our" vendors soon.....any word JC?

Anyway....If anyone wants total protection, check out Stongard....and the "JZ/Rollin Black" Kit...:lol: :lol: :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts