Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Haven't posted in awhile(been too busy driving :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but something interested has started happening on the car recently in the cold weather(or at least it seems to be because of cold weather). It makes a high pitched whine(almost like a supercharger) under around 3k RPM through the first 3 gears for about the first 5 minutes. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it is really kinda strange. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

Jay.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Jay K said:
Hey all,

Haven't posted in awhile(been too busy driving :lol: :lol: :lol: ) but something interested has started happening on the car recently in the cold weather(or at least it seems to be because of cold weather). It makes a high pitched whine(almost like a supercharger) under around 3k RPM through the first 3 gears for about the first 5 minutes. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it is really kinda strange. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

Jay.
Mine makes a similar noise until it gets nice and warm... mine seems to be coming from the rear. Sounds cool and doesn't seem to affect anything except the passenger.

We should start recording/digitizing all the sounds from the car and turn into an orchestra :lol:
Rattles, purrs, whines, knocks, roars, grunts, pops, coughs, buzzes (3rd party shifters/knobs)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I'm in Leesburg Jay, drive over and I'll let you listen to mine......

And you're not in the Member Locator! ahem!

JC

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I got a strand of fiber caught in the alternator from my california car duster, made that super charger weiring sound to the point that some mustang guy in the stageing lanes thought I had a S/C.:D Ric

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
PowerShifter said:
I got a strand of fiber caught in the alternator from my california car duster, made that super charger weiring sound to the point that some mustang guy in the stageing lanes thought I had a S/C.:D Ric
I use to take a clothes pin and clip a playing card to the front fork of my bicycle so that when I rode, it sounded like I had a big block V-8. :p

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts