Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To install a stroker engine kit, (rods, crank, pistons etc) would you have to remove the engine from the vette or can you do it above or below the car? How difficult is the install? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this? Thinking in the future about having a 383 and was wondering if it was something I could do myself. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I am thinking of doing the same thing this coming winter, but would definitely drop the engine out the bottom to do this.
I think it would be much easier to work on with the engine out of the car. I am sure others with more experience than me will chime in with their recommendations. (Z06 Les, are you out there?)

Jim

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The engine will need to be removed from the car to install these item's. I was thinking your question is can you install the parts while the engine is still in the car. The answer of course is no. The block will need to be machined to the correct spec. to accept these parts. Anti Venom would be a good shop to do this for you and he's not to far from you. He's a supporting vendor located on the left side of this screen.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Yep .. here I am.

Building a 383 is a job best left for a qualified machine shop, and yes - you need to pull the motor. If you want to save some $$$ and have a lift and are pretty mechanically inclined you might try to pull (or in our case drop - you take the motor out from the bottom in our cars) the engine yourself. Otherwise leave it to the pro's -

Good luck and keep us posted .. a 383 is a lot of fun in these cars.

Les

Jim Lembo said:
I am thinking of doing the same thing this coming winter, but would definitely drop the engine out the bottom to do this.
I think it would be much easier to work on with the engine out of the car. I am sure others with more experience than me will chime in with their recommendations. (Z06 Les, are you out there?)

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts