Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
9,755 Posts
There were several guys on here with the STS systems. Some of them were making HUGE power (900+HP). Unfortunately, most of them are not very active on this site anymore.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
There were several guys on here with the STS systems. Some of them were making HUGE power (900+HP). Unfortunately, most of them are not very active on this site anymore.
Unfortunately Bob, some of those making "huge" power were also having 'huge' problems with their STS system (according to a number of pm's and e-mails I received). Not a knock, I'm just saying....

Mike

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any specific problems with the sts system that you can advise me about before i spend 10k on twin turbos? and do not harm my engine

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,820 Posts
Lack of quality and design
I have seen several of them where either the blades broke or the seals failed causing the engine oil used to cool the bearing to leak through and that oil is now in the total exhaust flow including the return side to engine.

Remember you have to hack the car up to install this and does not help if you want to sell or return the engine back to NA.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to :z:

User RalphP has a STS turbo system in his car.
RalphP i have heard several negitave responses about sts systems, seems like you got the good one? have you had any issues with your system before i spend $$$$ and the have to fix my engine? would appreciate any feed back on how you like or dislike the system?
thanks frank

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lack of quality and design
I have seen several of them where either the blades broke or the seals failed causing the engine oil used to cool the bearing to leak through and that oil is now in the total exhaust flow including the return side to engine.

Remember you have to hack the car up to install this and does not help if you want to sell or return the engine back to NA.
mikem
thanks for the reply, are all the problems you have heard about just the sts systems or all turbos? just getting use to this site, and not great with a computer either?
i have heard some good things about the s&s system and bad reviews about other systems? i do not want to break my new vehicle when i have only owned for a week now? so any other info or choices i might have would be a great help? thanks frank

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Re: STS TURBOS

I moved this whole thread from the C5 Z06 Forced Induction Section to the C6 Z06 Forced Induction Section as user FTF3rd has a C6 Z06 (2007).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts