Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Does anyone care about the 50th Annv. Vette?

• A very important milestone. I will have lots to say!!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No Z06 don`t matter to me.

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 50th Annv. will be out next year. As we all know this should be a hugh topic of conversation. From what I have read their will not be a 50th Annv. Z06. Where will we discuss this great milestone here or the C6vette site? Does anyone care.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think any kind of open vette topic should be talked about here. Afterall, its not like were anti non-Z06 people. Hehe. Lets talk about em'. Im excited to see what they are and how they look.

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
anniversary

any new vette i get is a special anniversary !!!!!:cheers:
never too many electron blue cars on the road..
ask my 8 year old girl.
she loves them

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
50th

Or any other year Anniversary's for auto's, has always been a reason to dealer gouge the public, I think NOT hacing a 50th, with the Z designation, is a slap in the face of Zora.............
Who put more into the machine that he did????

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Re: 50th

ZO6LS6 said:
Or any other year Anniversary's for auto's, has always been a reason to dealer gouge the public, I think NOT hacing a 50th, with the Z designation, is a slap in the face of Zora.............
Who put more into the machine that he did????
Does anybody really know what's going on with the 50th? Just a paint job? Any really cool upgrades? I keep hearing he-said/she-saids, but nothing is out in concrete yet, is it?

I agree, but the cost for a 50th anniversary Z06 would be sky high for us end users! Before I got my 99 FRC, I was doing some serious shopping. I spoke to Monica at Maxie Price (Sorry Rick, I didn't know about you then), Maxie and Co... wanted $5,000 to hold a spot for you in the order line. Then the cost is going to be $5,000 over whatever the MSRP is. I suspect that is just the beginning, actually. An anniversary Z06 would probably go for at least 10k over MSRP.

Maybe Zora wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of silliness?:roll:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With over 80 01 & 02 Z06s owners of mine, I can`t remember any being sold over MSRP. This will cost you in the long run from bad PR. I think any member here that has done business with me will back me up on that.:)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
With over 80 01 & 02 Z06s owners of mine, I can`t remember any being sold over MSRP. This will cost you in the long run from bad PR. I think any member here that has done business with me will back me up on that.:)
Rick,

I apologize if I stepped on your toes. I never meant to imply that you are less than upstanding. Nor did I mean to imply that anyone at Maxie's is less than upstanding. My statement was simply my experience when I was shopping for my new Vette. I don't need anyone to verify that you are a dealer to ... deal with. Otherwise, you wouldn't be on this forum very long. Had I been on this forum at that time instead of the other forum, I may very well have dealt with you and owned a Z instead of an FRC.

The idea, it seems, is that dealers don't mind taking a very substantial premium, on something special like a 50th Anniversary edition. And as long as people will pay it and drive off with the car of their dreams, it's ok.

I only meant to say that I didn't know if Zora would be all that excited about a car that has different paint and whatever topical frills the 50th is, according to rumor, going to have, in the form of a Z06, going for 10k to 20k above MSRP. And if the "regular" Vette is going for 5k above, you can imagine how much more the Z06 would go for... I can't imagine that 10k above msrp, at a minimum, would be unrealistic, at all.

Again, if I have offended you personally, I apologize. That was not my intent.

Take care,

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dan,

No offence taken. I agree with you about the markup some dealers try to impose on their customers. With todays internet and the ability to shop all over the country with just a click of a mouse, these mark ups are short lived. How ever the practice does take place today more than you may think. Is seems to me their are two business practices for selling Corvettes. One think only about today and try to make as much as you can on each sale. The other is to try to build a customer base that leaves with a fair deal and wants to tell his friends about it. The latter is my mind set and it has proved to be very successfull for me. I cannot tell you that I will be able to disc. every Corvette I sell, but I can tell everyone that if I have anything to do with it they wont be sold with a mark up ever. :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My .02

If the 50th is the C6, overthere at that new fangled C6 site that good ole boy JC just whipped up out of thin air:D

Now the C6 Z06, well...... right here at the Oh Fish Eye Ell Z06 Site:p :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cvette2002z06 said:
has the C6 been pushed back to '05?Rick? Anyone?
It is my understanding that the C6 will be a 2004 mod. and come out in the latter part of 2003.:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
C6....2004

C6 Z06....2005

There will NEVER be a Coupe or Convertible Z06 from the factory!! :cool:

Absolutely no Anniversary Z06!!

Anniversary edition with have extensive interior modifications. :roll:

With the internet, I will NOT pay over MSRP!! :flaming: I am also going to look for a new dealership!! After 7 new Vettes from me, they can't cut me a deal, so time to find someone else who wants my repeat business!!

Any other questions?? :-?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
With 10,000 units being made between the coupes and verts I do not think there will not be a shortage for the people that want a red/tan Vet. No reason to pay over MSRP.
The way I look at it is all 2003 Corvettes are Anniversary cars with or without the badge.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I am still keeping my fingers crossed that something very, very special will be released on or about June 20, 2003.

If they do - great. If they don't, oh well we will all know what the vert and coupe are like by then and how their sales are doing. After all that will be towards the end of the model year with 2004 approaching.

:z:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Does anyone know if the 7 liter alum. "L88" remake will ever be offered to the public in the next few years?Auto writers I have talked to say they will not tool up to make a 1,000 units."Rumors",anyone?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Rick Daniel said:
True story. I am about as far as you can get in the continental U.S. from Rick. How many Chev dealers are between here and there? Plenty. I could have bought from any one of them. Rick has the full meal deal on selling vettes. Like me he believes in a fair deal for both himself and his customers and looks for repeat business unlike the dealers in my area who practically pull a gun on the folks that walk in. 62K for an 02 convertible from the dealership that sponsors my local vette club? Not friggin likely. :mad:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
MUFFLERBEARING said:

62K for an 02 convertible from the dealership that sponsors my local vette club? Not friggin likely. :mad:
They think that when you get the Vette fever that your smarts go out the window too. I imagine that there are going to be Vette Centers over the next few years. And those "Centers" will be established by the informed/educated buying public. People like Rick will become those centers.

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts