Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-? ... I am confused, I think, I hope. Hmmm, let's see:

I am throughly enjoying my drive. The windows are down, no AC, nice temp outside, and I am switching my attention from the sound of the exhaust and engine to the crankin' stereo.

The sun is shinning :D .... I wind the Z down through the gears; from 4th, to 3rd, to 2nd, matching revs, trying to drive smoothly, feeling like I am driving my own, street-legal, race car.

I stop at a light where I know I will have to punch it in oder to get to the next light first, so I can get the holeshot into the 2-lane winding road just ahead. I make my move and smoothly rev the engine through 1st gear, up to 6400 rpm and I shift to second :cool: .

I have positioned my self where I wanted to be and now it's just a matter of getting through the next stop light. It turns yellow, so instead of continuing the charge to get through before the red, I decide to leave the car in second, letting it make its own way down from 5000 rpm to a coast. I slow down to a full stop, engaging the clutch to put the car into neutral. I hear the engine revving, but my foot is off the throttle :( .

I immediately blipped the throttle hard, thinking that if there is anything keeping it stuck in one position, this would clear it. It did, but it left me wondering if I had unknowlingly touched the throttle with the right edge of my foot ( the brake pedal is positioned relatively close to the accelerator, for HT braking, my guess)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, kind of a vent, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. :-?

loucas

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Not to me, but I heard another 2002 Z06 had a bad throttle position sensor... you should probably take the car in, stuck throttles are dangerous

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My 2002 had an intermittent sticking throttle. It was just fixed this week.
Symptons were that if I let off on the throttle easily the pedal would return but the fuel would remain cut in enough to give anywhere from 2500-3500 rpm with the clutch in.
After much troubleshooting by my local dealer, GM TAN told them to replace the pedal assembly.
Problem hasn't reoccured in two days driving. They believe it was a bad pedal position sensor in the pedal assembly.
FYI, it took me two trips to a dealer to get it fixed. First dealer claimed they couldn't duplicate the problem. Next time around I waited for it to stick and left it stuck while I drove to my local dealer. Parked it and left it on, idling at 3500 rpm and pulled out the service manager and showed it to him. After they saw the problem, the small time local dealer who has 1 total corvette allocation a year was great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pat, Sub. After I posted I started searching through the threads in Pit Road and found Subdriver's posts.

I can't say I've really happy about the situation, but maybe I can take it in today and see about having them fix it. :(

loucas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts