Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Sub delivery guy attacks my Z

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kevslionel 
#1 ·
So I'm at my friends house last night and we order out from Jimmy Johns Subs in Effingham, IL. Guy brings the food, then as he is backing out of the driveway he backs right into the front right corner of the Z. Big chunk of the head light cover falls off. Front bumber and quarter panel are cracked. I think that is it. I wanted to :puke: This little 19 year old kid was so terified that I really could not be mad at him. All he kept saying was I just hit a vette, my parents are going to kill me. And, that is probably like 10 grand in damage. A few years from now I will sit back and chuckle about all this.
So the cops come write a report, now its time to deal with insurance:roll: He has pretty good coverage so I should be OK

The thing that realy :flaming: me is that the car is f***** for FunFest in a couple of weeks, oh well. I'll have to come up with some way of making this humorous.

Frank, thanks for the info on Elco. I'll call them on Tuesday

#2 ·
Kevin,

Really sorry to hear about that red beauty!! :( ELCO will take good care of you.

You can ride with me to the Show Me Vettes picnic. I already have a passenger for the Funfest show, but I'm sure you can catch a ride with one of the other guys that are going. There's a good chance ELCO can have your Vette back in time for Funfest.

#4 ·
Frank, I'm still going to the Show Me Vettes show with ya, in my car. It's purly a cosmetic thing. I'm thinking it's around 3 to 4 grand in damage tops. A bra would actually cover most of it up. Anybody got a spare one around. I hate the things but would be willing to use it to cover my gapping hole:D

#9 ·
Eveybody, Thanks for the kind words. :cheers: Got my estimate today from forem vendor ELCO Chevorlet $1770.43 but could go a lot higher if headlight and fender have to get replaced also. Got to wait untill the week of the 24th to get it fixed though :(

Frank, :cheers: :guiness: this one is for you. I owe this guy many brews. Today he goes to his trunk and lets me borow his bra to cover up my damage. It looks great. Now I can go to a car show and with a little strategic placement of the Z06Vette.com banner no one will be able to tell the car is all broke. Thanks for all of the advice and help!! Bring on the Show Me Vette show.:D And then FunFest:D

Thanks everybody, This place is great:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.