Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SubDriver TWS SCCA win...

Brad - great to meet you and yours... and thank the family for making Patti feel so welcome.

First - The Flags

Next - the Corvette Corral...

Then - The Banner shots...

Some Pit Transport...

How not to end you day..

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
But - how very much to start it..

Mid Race...

This is how you end it..

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Get weighed and teched out...

Follwed up with a call from Team Corvette...

They start the pit crews young these days...

I was sure I was seeing and hearing Brad catch air as he crossed the back straightaway...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great picture's RC45 :thumb: :thumb:

·
21,351 Posts
Great pictures Paul. It does appear as if Brad's car has a lot of space between the tire and fender well in those last two pics! :eek2:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Pretty cool! Thanks for the outstanding pictures! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great pics Paul...I have some new wallpaper now. :cool:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great pictures. I guess I'm a little dense, the pictures sorta show Brad winning the race but somebody needed to tell me he won. Great job Brad!!!!!
Tony #54

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Paul,
Those really are great shots. The car really felt light going over that bump at the exit of turn 3 at 90+ mph but those pictures make it look worse than it felt. I was very careful to make sure the car was pointed straight as it went up and over the top though... :eek:

Tony,
TWS was double National this weekend with four T1 entrants. Charlie Shears was clearly the one to beat and he walked away on Saturday as I learned the track enroute to a 3rd place finish. Did better on Sunday qualifying 2nd, but again Charlie walked away from me. Unfortunately for him, he had transmission problems on lap 7 and had to retire. I held off Scott Grissom for the win.
All in all I was very happy with the result for my first time at the track. Charlie is definitely hot there as I believe he won the SRF race as well out of a field of something like 40 cars.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brad, it was a pleasure - thanks for letting us roadies hang around for a couple hours.

The day was great fun - and all's well that ends well - especially the little meet we had with the nice State Trooper lady on the way home:

DPS Officerette: "I clocked you at 94mph in a 40mph zone"
Me: "Sorry Mam"
DPS Officerette: "Not on my road"
Me: "No Mam."
DPRS Officerette: "Not today."
Me: "No Mam"
DPS Officerette: "So - keep it slower"
Me: "Yes Mam"
DPS Officerette: "Now get the hell outa here"
Me: "Thankyou Mam".

Fitting end to a great day... :z: :thumb:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Holy cow Paul!!! :jawdrop:

That was definitely one nice Texas trooper lady. Glad to hear your day ended well. She was very good to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats Brad. Nice weekend. It's tough going to tracks for the first time and racing guys that have many laps on the track. I did it a lot last year. Good job buddy. C U at Memphis.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
RSIG said:
Congrats Brad. Nice weekend. It's tough going to tracks for the first time and racing guys that have many laps on the track. I did it a lot last year. Good job buddy. C U at Memphis.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I've generally gotten better each time I've gone to a track. I'm betting you see the same thing this year.

Congrats on the win Brad. Nice pics Paul, esp of that sweet 69 Boss302.................36 years old and still racing!
That really was a sweet car. Very nice to see him still out there racing it. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Great pics and what an event :thumb:
Thanks for sharing :z:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice pics-how did you like the track? Great finish...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts