Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a cam. I had an 99Z28 with the Comp 224/[email protected], Springs, Rods, Speed Inc Tune and it was a nice cam but thinking maybe a little bigger.

Car is an 03 ZO6 6-speed with only CAI. I drive pretty much every nice weather day. I also like to take 3-4 trips/ year to the 1/4 mile drags. I really like the lopy cam sound. I plan to do headers and high flow cats after that and maybe mild porting of heads next year. So!!

1. Which cam suggested?
2. Would I be able to wait for full dyno tune until major mods are done?
3. Can cam be tuned with Vinci/ Crane tuner, Predator, etc.. to get me by.


Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I had a 232/230 595/590 on a 114 in my H/C WS6 it was a nice cam although I think it go with a standard split FMS grind like the F13. I was really torn between that and the stealth II cam, I didn't want the lope though. I love the Z06 just wanted "more of the same"

I used a pretator with a custom tune and worked fine on my WS6. But there are guys that do mail order tunes pretty cheap or buy HP tuners and buy a BIN file until you can get a full tune. The problem with the predator is there is no logging, you can scan but you can't save it. The HP tuners is 500 and then with a custom tune at around a 150 more, and you have an ODBII scanner you can use on any GM car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,475 Posts
I am running a Comp custom grind with a traditional split in the mid 230's duration and around .600 lift on a 114 LSA,
It ldles somewhat lumpy at 1000 rpm, and has a great, very flat torque curve. driveability is great and the car has gobs of power at any rpm above idle all the way to the 6800rpm limiter. Left quite a bit of power on the table due to conservative 12.4 AFR at wot and really conservative timing settings because of the shitty 91 octane gas available around here. car wil probably dyno 15-20rwhp higher now since I got rid of cats and will have it retuned a little leaner (around 13.0) and have the timing bumped up 4 to 6 degrees
HTH,

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
D.I.R.E. C-5 said:
1. Which cam suggested?
2. Would I be able to wait for full dyno tune until major mods are done?
3. Can cam be tuned with Vinci/ Crane tuner, Predator, etc.. to get me by.
/QUOTE]

anything from a 228/114* or bigger will give you nice results, but best to match components based on goal...if going to do head work then plan cam and headers for that end point. Match components for maximum compatability....the tune makes all the difference from having a "pain in the ass" that stalls, smells, surges, etc. or a fast car with reasonable street manners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
D.I.R.E. C-5 said:
Thinking of getting a cam. I had an 99Z28 with the Comp 224/[email protected], Springs, Rods, Speed Inc Tune and it was a nice cam but thinking maybe a little bigger.

Car is an 03 ZO6 6-speed with only CAI. I drive pretty much every nice weather day. I also like to take 3-4 trips/ year to the 1/4 mile drags. I really like the lopy cam sound. I plan to do headers and high flow cats after that and maybe mild porting of heads next year. So!!

1. Which cam suggested?
2. Would I be able to wait for full dyno tune until major mods are done?
3. Can cam be tuned with Vinci/ Crane tuner, Predator, etc.. to get me by.

I can sell y0u a 224 228 on a 113 580's if your interested. Its an awesome cam and will make a big power difference. I have seen a couple of 10.9x's with it cam only with tires of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I'm selling a Comp Cam 220/220 .564/.564 114 and a Futral F4 (226/226 .575/.575 114) - each for $250 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided to go a different route. NX Express being installed.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
D.I.R.E. C-5 said:
Decided to go a different route. NX Express being installed.

Thanks
I'm sure you will be more than happy with the spray lol.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top