Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More laps to come...but most of them are pretty boring as I wasn't chasing anyone, just trying to keep in front of the rest of the field.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
:jammin: 2 cool man thanx :thumb:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Excellent video. Since I do most of my DEs at Summit, I can now watch how an excellent driver does the course. David, are you ever using second gear, or is it mostly third and fourth? Any suggestions for my next trip to Simmit?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob,

Please don't use "excellent driver" and me in the same sentence, except maybe as my goal in the future.

No, I don't use 2nd gear at the track, just 3rd and 4th. I think I can use 3rd once more than I did last weekend: probably going into 3rd gear. I noticed AJ dropped down into third while I kept my car in 4th. He walked away from me exiting the turn. :bmad:

I need to take a different line into Turn 5, also. I was way too much over to the left side, although during the race that was the defensive line. But I took this approach during qualifying, also.

I was braking way too early into Turn One virtually every lap; I knew this, but I have yet to learn the art of "threshold braking." That will come in time.

I think I got a bit sloppy going through the Carousel during the race. But I was also protecting my "behind," so that had something to do with it. I never really exited it in a good fashion, so there is another point to work on.

I did feel pretty good in Turn Ten; I started using more and more of the curbing, even sometimes getting over it and on the rumble strips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Bob,

No, I don't use 2nd gear at the track, just 3rd and 4th. I think I can use 3rd once more than I did last weekend: probably going into 3rd gear. I noticed AJ dropped down into third while I kept my car in 4th. He walked away from me exiting the turn. :bmad:
If you’re talking about Turn 3 (wagon bend) normally I would take that in 4th. But due to compromising the line to stay out of the puddle right at the turn in point, it was just too slow of a corner for 4th. Especially if I was in traffic. I think turn 3 and 10 are both border line turns gear wise, at least with the ZO6 trans. With lower cornering speeds I would say 3rd, but with DOT R's or Slicks I would say 4th with a clean shot. Anything else goes to 3rd.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Andrew, for your expert commentary. I learn more and more everyday...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good stuff. ;) .I had a chance to do a ride along at Sebring a few months ago and it really helped me understand what I can't do.."YET"......... :thumb:

·
Registered
271 Posts
David:
Thank you for sharing the video clips. I really enjoy the in-car perspective and it helps me learn about track driving.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Great video's David. Thanks for sharing. Brightened up my days which are pretty dry right now.

Looked like good clean racing to me. :cheers:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Awesome video clips! Do you happen to have the full race on tape for this race?

Sal

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome video clips! Do you happen to have the full race on tape for this race?
Sal, this IS the full race, only broken down into 17 one-lap segments. While the race wasa 23 lap affair, my clutch hydaulics let me down on the last turn of the 17th lap.

·
Banned
809 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Sal, this IS the full race, only broken down into 17 one-lap segments. While the race wasa 23 lap affair, my clutch hydaulics let me down on the last turn of the 17th lap.
I meant one continious file like the other race.

Sal

·
Registered
693 Posts
Enjoyed watching all of them. Man that gets your blood pumping. I'm going to be trying that soon :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Just watched the clips, David.
Thanks for sharing.
I know you're modest, but I'll still use your driving as a benchmark for Summit. :yeadog:
I'm still all stock and on F1's so I still use 3rd on 3 & 10 during the few FATT sessions I've been out on.
I'll be on the watch for your clutch failure/fix report. I assume the slave went? :-?:
Good luck next and subsequent outings! :jammin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts