Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully removed the idiot stickers on the sun visors without ruining them on the '03 Z06's?

I ran a search on this and only pulled up information about removing them successfully on '01 or '02 Z06's. Someone mentioned that the newer cars like mine ('03) have the stickers applied with a stronger adhesive and I don't want to ruin anything.

TIA,

Bob

·
Registered
277 Posts
It is virtually impossible to get the stickers off the 03s (At least the early builds like mine). I wound up shredding it into tiny little strips, leaving a lot of the glue behind. Only way I could even get a start was after the car had sat in the TX sun all day, about 150 inside).

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is virtually impossible to get the stickers off the 03s (At least the early builds like mine). I wound up shredding it into tiny little strips, leaving a lot of the glue behind. Only way I could even get a start was after the car had sat in the TX sun all day, about 150 inside).
Heh.. Do you mean to tell me that prior to my car being built, they were easy to take off? Then.. After my car was built, they changed it again and made it easier to remove?

Bob

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Mie too came off easy ,one hot summer day.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
onguardjeff said:
If it helps any, on my '02 I just got it started in the corner a carefully lifted it off. All OK.
Same here. Used slow steady pressure-they came off without tearing or any damage to the visor.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine look like they are melted into the fabric. I think mine are on to stay.

Rick:cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This has been discussed elsewhere. The '03's are different and very hard to remove. Haven't heard of a successful removal, although perhaps someone has done so.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I could bearly even get mine started and then thought I had screwed it up, so I went ahead and just ripped if off. To my suprise it was ok.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
On my '02, I was able to rip them off without a problem. I've heard that on the '03s they used some kind of nuclear glue which makes removal nearly impossible.

The irony of it kills me. The steering column still locks up, the gas gauge still doesn't work, but by golly, we've got the best sticker glue in the industry! Nothing quite like misguided R&D.

:cheers:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very easy to peal off my 02. Put them in the garbage.
I won't be able to live long enough for this to be a collector's car.

·
Banned
809 Posts
The irony of it kills me. The steering column still locks up, the gas gauge still doesn't work, but by golly, we've got the best sticker glue in the industry! Nothing quite like misguided R&D.
Ha! Please explain to me what the problems are that you mention? What's this steering column and gas gauge thing?

Sal

·
Registered
671 Posts
zeeoh said:
Very easy to peal off my 02. Put them in the garbage.
I won't be able to live long enough for this to be a collector's car.
Aw come on! You can be a fast geezer at 90 in your Z06. Shades of "Little Old Lady from Pasedena". :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just left mine on. It adds a little color to the interior.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well at least I am not alone...in ruining the visor in my 03.
I peeled and it sticked (stuck), so the best I could do with the mess is laboriously remove the remnants and now live with a ghost image on one of my visors......I do find the stickers distracting when I am driving and do not understand the intent of making the unsightly label almost unremovable....Be that as it may, I am not taking the passenger label off....ever, just covered it with a picture of a Viper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts