Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATED! Sunday night chat and server load test

Since several of you are around on Sunday night I'd like to take the opportunity to load test the new server, the more that can show up the better.....

Chat time is Sunday 10p EST......

Thanks!

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on our current crap host

As some of you saw today, yet another display of our crap host.

Just so that you all know, we have a dedicated server waiting over at Rackspace. What are we waiting for you ask?

Well, I've had several people hammer the new site and report better speed, but, I'm seeing a VERY slight dip in load times.

In order to correct this and gain some performance, I'm having some faster SCSI drives installed in the new server.

Now, let's not confuse outages with performance. Here we have outages and sometimes performance issues.

We currently share a server with over 100 other sites :eek: :eek: hence the reason why we are always crashing and such.

The new server is all ours so noone to crash it but us. If this were to occur, I now have the access to reboot the server myself, where as this would have taken hours to get tech support to do it here. Plus, no more bandwidth issues! We have plenty bandwidth available, up to 3 times more than we need!

Sorry for all the recent problems as these are typical for sites seeing our measure of growth, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! The new drives will be installed today and I will be configuring the new server for transition of the site at midnight Sunday.

Thanks for your patience.....

JC

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
You are speaking in Bangladish to me but I am sure you know what you are doing. You are the MAN:guiness:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In english, the new server is a Z06, but it's not good enough so we're adding some mods :eek: :eek:

:-D

JC

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you set up a 10 meg file download test tonight, perhaps you could learn something that way too? During the chat you could get a bunch of us to do that singly and concurrently in different size groups??? On my cable access I am at a 1.48 min d/l for that size file.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The problem is that everytime you change location, I have to change about 5 computers to address the new site. PITA. :(

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill, we have PLENTY bandwidth, that was never the issue, however the main thing to test is everyone hitting the databse, but even this test is moot, because we are already on the new server....Surprise!

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10EST tonight!

Holiday weekend so it will probably be slow, but what the hell.....

JC

·
Registered
991 Posts
;) Yup sounds like your on the right trac.;) I am one of those who has no idea what any of you said, except for adding mods. :D :D Thanks to all that know about this puter stuff. I just learned how to turn mine on, when I need help I get my 10 yr old grandson to fix it.:grin: :grin: :guiness:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts