Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a note by one of the members about www.racegas.com

I'd like to get some of this gas but have a couple questions about
sunoco GT100 fuel. Anyone that has used this fuel please let me know. I have to drive 77 miles to get it (one way)and would like to know if it's worth the drive.

1-did you have any problems with sensors etc?
2-any noticable hp gains?
3-did you run it straight or mixed?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hey how's it going?? I have never ran this gas in my vette but my Brother has run it in his LT-1 Camaro.. He's got a 396 strocked and blown Z running 13 psi of boost.. Huge difference in the way the car runs!! He gains about 80 hp while running on race gas do to the fact that he can advance the timming more. As far as a stock car running it I wouldn't waste my money on it!! But it is a different story with mods!!! Good Luck:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I sometimes put half of a tank of 100 with half of a tank of 93 on dyno days to make sure I don't have any KR. Never had a problem, and I don't think it gives any more power. I just do it on dyno days in the summer due to the extra stuff they put in summer gas that reduces octane.

·
Registered
266 Posts
George,

Don't know about Sunoco, but have run Trick and 76 race gas and both worked well. The key is that it must be unleaded. If the Sunoco you mention in unleaded you would be OK as far as cats and other things getting fouled up.

I have seen dyno tests of cars using California 91 and they produce KR at WOT. We do need help in California as far as octane, and a few other things, are cocerned.

One of the dealers told me that Sunoco had a 104 unleaded. You might look into that.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
In CA, on 91 octane, the LS6 will knock bad when the weather is warm. I ran straight 100 for a bit, then cut it back to 50/50 until the weather got cold.

It makes a huge difference once the PCM figures out it can feed in more timing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
We had one of the GM Z06 engineers at a club meeting last spring and he mentioned the PROM was set for max of 94 octane under stock conditions. Asked if 100 octane would make more power, he said no, and then went into "geek talk"on why it did not make improvements over 94 octane gas.

However, if you use an aftermarket chip or MATF you should get around these limitations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts