Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evryone,

I'm the new guy to this forum!
Has anyone out there replaced there factory lights with upgrades? I have 80 watt lows and 100 watt highs to replace my factory halogens. However i'm concerned that the heat generated from the replacements might cause damage to the lens. Also does anyone have any hints on removing or installing the new Super White Zenons?:(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I would change the wiring for sure...you might want to think about changing to the European Spec light units, they are supposed to be a lto better...and not that expensive. Shawn at LAPD can probably help you....Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
You're asking for trouble with that much wattage. If you want the best bang for the buck, try the original European plug and play headlight kit that we came out with months ago. You can find it by clicking on the Corvette Store logo on the left, or by just going here:

http://www.c5store.com/

Its in "Exterior Accessories" right at the top. The kit is very impressive for not a lot of bucks, and you only have to make power, ground, and bulb connections to install it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Redshift

I bought your high wattage kit and 135/80 bulbs and it is a great addition. Can I use the new Piaa 180/135 bulbs with this high wattage harness setup??

thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Glad you like it. Its awesome - I love my own kit.

Yes, you should be able to use those bulbs just fine. Keep the ones I sent you as a backup in case one burns out (in fact, I always keep a spare in the car just in case one burns out while I'm on a trip). The harness should easily be able to handle up to 500W (250W each bulb - not that they make bulbs that bright) total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts