Hey guys
How you doing
I am from Middle East - saudia Arabia
I have difficultly to find a good advice for my subject
I have c6 zo6 2012 ,zero millage got it new from dealer here
I wana to get more HP for it
Which one you will advice me a supercharge or nitro
As you know the car under dealer warranty and I don't wana lose it
That mean if I wana get the car into regular service I have to get the car back to stock
So any suggestion for me as beginner ?
Supercharge
Nitro
Bolt in
Or any advice

Glad to get your advice

Regards

Faisal

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Faisal, it's difficult to answer your question because you seem to want to know what type of FI (forced induction) is better or the even the best. The answer is they are all just different methods of accomplishing the same power goals.

My first suggestion is for you to read Rocketsled's excellent thread describing the different methods of FI......
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f60/turbo-supercharger-whats-difference-116417/

The next area of importance is 'purpose'. For example, nitrous is one good way (if done properly) to give a very nice power boost for short periods, ie drag strip or a street race but is not a good method for prolonged power usage.

Each of the methods of FI has it's pro's and con's and your choice needs to fit your purpose.

Mike

·
Registered
348 Posts
The fact you don't want to lose the dealer warranty only makes you have 1 option and that is STOCK!!
Do an intake and swap out the mufflers. Thats 15rwhp avg right there. Anytime you mess w. the tune and add on performance parts besides the ones I mentioned will void your warranty.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
The fact you don't want to lose the dealer warranty only makes you have 1 option and that is STOCK!!
Do an intake and swap out the mufflers. Thats 15rwhp avg right there. Anytime you mess w. the tune and add on performance parts besides the ones I mentioned will void your warranty.
Intake is a smog device and can just as well void the powertrain warranty

It really comes down with what changes can be done to add some performance but if in doubt as to warranty and easy to take back to stock when need be

That is a good tune where the stock tune can be flashed back in by the car owner when it wants and then flash the tune back in
Tune alone for LS7 is around 40 plus flywheel HP and a lot more bottom end torque

Being OP lives where it is quite hot most of the time

Go with a bit larger fuel injector and have a good tune done, the stock ones are a bit too small to keep up with very hot lean conditions.

Have the radiator fan commanded on sooner and with a higher rotation within tune

A cold air box so that the only air being taken in is from the outside which is far better then the 190 deg plus within engine bay.

If going with bit larger fuel injectors and tuned properly N20 is easy to put on and off.
100 to 150 HP shot kits are cheap and tuned for it allows a safer dry N20 setup.

Problem with N20 is it is a pain in the ass as if your using a 10 pound bottle you might get 7 runs on drag strip and then pressure drops so the issues then is what access you have to refill the tank all the time

Water/Methanol injection kits are cheap and will reduce intake air temps 40-50 deg.
Question would be is if Methanol is easy to get where your located.
Figure maybe 1 gallon 50/50 water/Methanol per tank of gas.

Also if going with a larger flowing radiator would help bring the water/oil temps down.

If you want more then add good coolers to the trannie and transaxle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Special thanks for all your advice , appreciate it
As your recommendation ,I conclude that :
- intake and filter
- muffler
- tuning
- NOS but not direct port , I mean the NOS installed by the plate that become beside the throttle
So all these stuff is easy to get it back to avoid losing warranty
By the way , it's gona be my first time to do NOS
Is there any big side effect on the engine if I use the nos as you said not exceed limit 100 hp shot ???
And what is the proper way to use that Nos

Thanks a lot for passing to my subject and reply me as we'll

Regards

Faisal

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
Yes install the N20 Nozzle AFTER the MAF so close to the throttlebody
75 HP shot will not see much of a gain so you can switch from 100 to 150 HP nozzles and see what engine handles best. Most N20 kits should come with 2 or 3 sizes of nozzles.

N20 in the tank is at high pressure, as more N20 is used the pressure in tank drops so does the flow through nozzle so for it to be constant pressure is wrap the tank with a N20 heater blanket that you have a switched 12 volts to

Add a remote tank opener/closer so you do not have to always go to the back to turn tank flow on or off, leaving it on and you'll lose N20 in leakage.

Purge valve, allows venting air in N20 hoses.

You need some type of control, cheap ones are simply using a switch off the TPS ( throttle) to using the MAF outut to full electronic controllers.

Dry N20 using bit larger fuel injectors and tune is the safest.
Wet systems adds things that can break or leak or worse case puddle in the intake and cause N20 to blow up in intake destroying the intake and cause fires.

N20 gives instant high amount of torque so you'll have to learn how to launch and reduce wheel spin.

Filling the N20 tank is the hassle, best is to have a couple of 10 pound tanks that are full as if you do not fill tank yourself and have to tank it to some shop that does refills you will have to leave tank with them as to proper fill the tank is to be put in a freezer first and would require you come back later or next day just for refills.

You have to fish the long N20 hose from front of car to back in hatch where tank will be
That can be fished in the frame rail or the area where drivetube and tunnel cover is.

Make sure the PCM is tuned for N20 and best case is a tune when N20 is used for like a day at drag strip and maybe a street tune when N20 is seldom used.

Do not use N20 without a tune.

Maybe forget the N20 to start with and do a CAI, a good tune, cool fluids and air down and later add the N20 as you will need better tires for N20 traction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for your advice racingvette
I found a brand called Nitro outlet , as they have dealer in my country , what do you think about that company, as quality ?
Regarding to tune
Can I know what is the different between tuning by dyno or just buy performance chips to be installe?

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
1993 was the last year GM used a E-prom (chip) in the Corvette's ECM

Since then the PCM uses flash memory so you cannot simply buy a tune in a chip and plug it in

Most vendors are not making the parts for N20, they OEM them so would be hard to tell by one vendor if they are better then another.

The PCM makes changes over time and it is just as important to tune all engine conditions and not just WOT on a dyno for less then 1 minute.

If the chassis dyno is nothing but a static drum type no full tuning can be done using that
If a load bearing dyno then more tuning can be done on it but most know for a good overall tune best is to drive the car on the street with a OBD-II scanner recording and drive all types of engine RPMs, loads, MPH and then tuner looks at that data and tunes all engine conditions from that.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
That is a good tune where the stock tune can be flashed back in by the car owner when it wants and then flash the tune back in
Now I'm confused (wouldn't be the first time :lol:). I was under the impression that on the C6 models, the dealer could tell if the PCM was changed at all (even if going back to the stock tune) and could void the warranty if engine failure occurred (bringing the car in for warranty work).:NoNo:

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
You are 100% correct in GM can tell how many times the PCM was flashed as the flash memory chip has it's own internal counters that cannot be hacked

But dealers does not as a norm look for any tuning but only IF there has been engine damage and GM requests dealer to send them information of PCM that would point to more times PCM was flashed then on record of any flash updates GM had for a M.Y and that VIN #
I have seen dealers themselves install CAM, heads, etc to make a buck and then support those car's for GM warranty

GM could just as well void a powertrain warranty for a non approved engine oil, additives, to a 3rd party aircleaner that is oiled and corrupted the MAF's reporting of airmass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciated guys for your fast respond
As I mentioned that I found brand for NOS called Nitro outlet
any one try this company and I will be glad if I got the opinion for the usage?
Regards
faisal

·
Registered
348 Posts
As stated before, if you don't want to void the warranty. Keep it stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts