Corvette Z06 Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I'm not a vendor and have no reason to promote or advocate anything.

The engine has lasted two years full of racing and hard hits, and is going strong.

The LS7 has some strong components, just gotta build and maintain it correctly.
So you just changed the pistons to forged?
I thought about using my stock rods but my builder recommended Callies Compstar forged rods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So you just changed the pistons to forged?
I thought about using my stock rods but my builder recommended Callies Compstar forged rods.
Pretty much, even bumped up the compression ratio!

Just about everyone I have heard has said the same, go to steel forged rods. Does it work? Sure, but it'll be slower, heavier, and increase wear on your main bearings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking of adding the Edlebrock eForce supercharger (if I can rob a small bank) but I have read that the cylinder walls are too thin in LS7 engines due to the large displacement and I will probably end up ruining the engine (that is why GM went of 6.2L displacement for LS9). I believe the eForce is only 4-5 psi boost. Any feedback from folks who have put blowers on their LS7s?
Greetings C6 Z06 brothers. I have a Vortech superdcharger on my LS7 Z06. It was installed years ago and I had to reinstall it after a year beause of the bearings. I now have 1003 thousand miles on it. It has been on the Dyno and shows 685 plus H.P. I change the oil every 3 thousand miles and I change the filter every time. I use Pennzoil Platinum. I may have to add a 1/2 quart during that time because I drive it hard a lot. I am very surprised that there is hesitation on anyone's part about centrifugal supercharging your street rod. The only problem I have had is the car runs hot in the summertime. I am also on my third water pump. They are not expensive and the performance is breathtaking. I have not lost a street race to anyone.....anyone. The brand new Toyota Supra R was the biggest disappointment. I like that car it looks good and sounds good but was no contest with me. That Supra was brand new and looks incredible. I ran from that car. Closest race was a black ops Mercedes Benz factory car. I pulled away in 1 and two and 5 he gave up.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts