Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing supermaxx headers, x-pipe and high flow cats on my 03 Z06. The car is running very rich now and very poor - almost undrivable. I checked my codes and the only current ones are P0171 (Fuel trim system lean bank 1) and P0106 (which I couldn't find out what it was. The check engine light is on.

The only thing I could find from searching is about the O2 sensors being crossed or not.
The rear should cross and the front shouldn't ....right?
I think we may have crossed the front ones too. I won't be able to check till monday. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
984 Posts
the only code's i've received after my install is a P0420, which i believe is an exhaust leak. talked to the guys at 21st century motor sports and they said that dynotech consistently sends out the wrong header gaskets. you may have a crossed wire or switched your 02 sensors.

let us know what you find.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
P0106: Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor signal not within predicted range for 2 seconds.
Inspect for:
- restrictions in the MAP sensor vacuum source
- MAP sensor seal missing or damaged
- vacuum hoses disconnected, lose, or incorrectly routed
- intake manifold leaks
- vacuum leaks at the throttle body
:cheers:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I threw no codes after install, but the car did run like crap for about 40 miles until the PCM adjusted, then it ran far better than it ever has.

The header gaskets I got worked well, but you must orient them correctly, though I'm sure you did.

Tell us what you find...my gut is that you KO'ed a line while dropping them in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The rear oxy sensors cross, the front do not. Mine threw no codes at all. I did notice that it ran like crap, and still does without a new program. I installed the predator, and it changed everything. It runs excellent now, I also leaned it out a bit as well, and I generally run a Toluene mix in it as well. Runs super good. I'd check the oxy sensors in the front. There's almost not enough wire in front to cross them, but I guess it's possible.

·
21,386 Posts
The P0106: Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor signal not within predicted range for 2 seconds could be the result of your header problem. I set that code occasionally although I know there isn't anything wrong with the MAP sensor. Usually occurs when I first start the car and it's shaking like crazy (heads & cam).

Sounds very much like O2 sensors crossed or maybe a connector. Are the wires making contact with the headers? Just a couple of things to check.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
jub jub said:
Sounds very much like O2 sensors crossed or maybe a connector. Are the wires making contact with the headers? Just a couple of things to check.
If the condition was right from your first startup, I vote for the 02 sensors being crossed. if it took a little time, then I suspect you melted some wires. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It ran fine for about a minute, but ran rich after that. So I'm guessing the wires couldn't have melted just yet. I'll have to wait till monday to get access to a lift - this sucks.

I'm calling Dynotech Engineering on Monday to schedule an appoitment for a dynotune. Anybody had their car up there lately? Just wondering how busy they were.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just cleared all my codes out and unhooked my battery for about 10 minutes then hooked it back up and started it up and let it idle for about 5 minutes. Sounded fine at first, but came back outside and was running real rough and was spitting black smoke out of exhaust and had some black liquid on floor (don't know if it was gas or water). I took it for a little drive and was same - ran terrible.

If one of my 02 sensors go bad, it would throw a code...right?
After I took it for a drive, it hasn't throwed any more codes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Reverse your front O2s..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update to my problem,
The front 02's were reversed, just like all of you suspected. Also we found the wires melted on one of the rear 02 sensors. We fixed both problems, took it out for a ride, and it was better but not perfect. The more I've drove it the better it's gotten. Thank you to all that had a suggestion :yeadog:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts