Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think that the concept sounds cool, but I hope that they come up with a new nameplate if the decide to make it. Making a Super Corvette would undermine other Vettes and also hurt the chances for success for the Super Corvette. People who buy Ferraris and Porches would probably look at a Super Vette as a dressed up Vette (not that there's anything wrong with the Corvette at all!!) with a premium price, not a true competitor in the top echelon of the superscar market. Very similar to how many people view Saleen Mustang as a fast car, but still a dressed up Mustang. I understand that the Super Vette would be a completely different car than other Vettes, but it would need a different name to separate itself from other Corvettes and help improve its chances for success. Even with that, I am skeptical that they can compete in that elite market segment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For 100K you could get a Z06 and have a Lingenfelter twin turbo kit installed making 650 HP. Instead of waiting on GM, you could do that now to your Z06 if you had the money and the desire. The link below is for the LS1 engine, however, I am sure Lingenfelter is working on a kit for more horsepower for the Z06's LS6 engine.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/packages/pricing_stageII.htm

Looks like a good package. Just an idea I found :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well, I wonder about the practicality of this. Remember that GM did a "super vette" back in the '90s - it was called the ZR-1. Sticker price on my '93 was just under $70k. Chev never sold nearly as many as they hoped after the intro year in '90.

I think they learned a lesson there - which is embodied in the Z06, better, faster car for 20k less (actually less than that given that the value of a dollar has decreased by at least 3% a year since the mid nineties).

Supervette at a super price? No, I don't think so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts