Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok suspension guys,i need your help.i have penske shox,pilot sport 2's,lowered about 2 inches.here the problem,around high speed turns the rear of the car seems to move laterally from side to side.the rear tires are firmly planted.i was thinking it could be sidewall flex.maybe the car is lowered too much.maybe the rear a-arm bushings are too soft.anybody have any idea's?has anyone ever experienced this before?any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
What type of Penske's and what are the settings if adjustable? Are they shorter shaft/body for a lowered car?

When you hit a bump in a turn does the steering wheel jerk?
Does it get worse with increasing speed, increasing bump or increasing turn rate?

Does the rear "jump" on throttle application or when steering rate is changed? Increased or Decreased?

Any oither suspension mods?

What kind of tires and what are the cold and hot pressures?

What are the alignment settings?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh thank you dj worm,just the man i was looking for!the penske's are non adj.(chuck mallet told me i wouldnt need the adj.'s for street duty) and they are the shorter ones.as fer steering and relating issues,it feels fine.the front end feels great.its just the rear of the car under high lateral loads squirms from side to side a bit.not much.most drivers would most likely never notice.the rear doesnt jump and straight line acceleration is great.i have 295/30-19 pilot sport 2's with i think 32-34 #'s of air pressure.stock(albeit lowered) alignment settings.just the side to side movement is a little unnerving at speed!i was thinking of raising the back of the car 1/2 ".D.J,any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.thanks,Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts