Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been checking out the threads on injectors and have decided to go with the SVO 30. Several folks have mentioned ebay as a source, so I started brousing there.

So far I have seen new:
EV1 - Type,
Red top,
Flow Matched, and
used.

Im sure I want new injectors, but don't have the slightest idea what the differences are between the others? Is there anything to be gained by going with the flow matched? How about the EV1 vs Red Top vs ???

Any info will be appreciated. :usa:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not sure what you mean by EV1. To the best of my knowledge all the SVO 30's have a red top. I thought the only option was flow matched. I have the non flow matched in my car. It's my opinion the flow matched are really not necessary form most street engines. The tolerance for the standard injector is plus or minus 5%. Keep in mind that is the maximum tolerance, not necessarily the difference between any 2 injectors.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Some older ones had a brown tops. Get the red tops. :z:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Nice to know what the tolerances are on the non-matched injectors. Seems pretty tight to me. Near as I can tell, the matched injectors are almost $150 more. That $150 will buy me enough gas to get lots of seat time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts