Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an idea wanted to run by you all: Here in California smog laws suck..ok I think I have an interesting thought--swap out my 03 LS6 for one of those 06 427's and I believe Calif. smog laws consider your car an 06 for smog purposes. Would this swap be pretty straightforward? 405 hp to 500 and smog legal sounds almost too good to be true!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
firsttimevette said:
Got an idea wanted to run by you all: Here in California smog laws suck..OK I think I have an interesting thought--swap out my 03 LS6 for one of those 06 427's and I believe Calif. smog laws consider your car an 06 for smog purposes. Would this swap be pretty straightforward? 405 hp to 500 and smog legal sounds almost too good to be true!
Check with Andy at A&A. I know he took an 05 and went from LS2 to an LS6 so I'm sure he can fix you up and go the other way. :z:

http://www.aacorvette.com/

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was going to do an engine swap, and the Cal Air Resources Board said that as long as the replacement engine was the same year or newer (and obviously had completely functional smog stuff) ... it was okay ...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The oil sump is differant. The new one has Dry Sump and could be a problem during swaping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts