Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used NXT on my Black Z 3 times since I bought it.

I want to give the Zanio I have a try ( used it on my other Vettes ) .

Are there any necessary precautions I should take into consideration before I put the Zanio on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Use Dawn to remove all the old stuff. Clay is good idea but may not be necessary. Go to Zaino's site, Lots of tips and tricks. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You can't go wrong with either Adam's or Zaino. Both provide an awesome finish. That being said, I did make the switch from Zaino to Adam's myself.....the detailing spray enticed me, the butter wax hooked me! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Zaino website does have great advice for prep, application, and removal. Like I've said before, the prep stage is the most important.

Definately wash with Dawn, or some dish soap, to remove the current wax. You'll have to evaluate your paint at this point. If you rub your hand across it and feel tiny bumps or anything, I'd recommend using a clay bar. Normally, only the top/flat surfaces need to be clayed.

If the paint feels perfectly smooth, you can then start right in with the Zaino. Most people use Z5 initially to remove and minor swirls, etc. I put on 3-5 coats of Z5 usually. Then go onto the Z2/Z2pro. I haven't tried the pro yet, but have heard great things about it.

Remember to apply very LIGHT coats. Almost as thin/light as you can go. If you use too much, you just waste it and will have a hard time getting it off. The first coat will be the hardest to apply/remove. It isn't bad as compared to other waxes though. Each coat gets easier and easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.