Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there are probably threads already on this, but I couldn't find one. I was just wondering what the chances are of getting the synchros on my 01 Z replaced under warranty. I realize the warranty is out, but I also know chevrolet sometimes replaces things after the warranty, if the part has a bad history. Does anyone have info on this, or know which thread I can refer to?

Thanks!!

Lee

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I don't think there is any chance of getting it fixed unless you're still under warranty. The only way they would fix it is if you had taken it for the same problem while the car was still under warranty and it was not resolved properly. Other than that I think you're pretty much SOL.

Sorry bud.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Goodwill Warranty Assistance

If you have performed all your service and warranty repairs in the past with a particular dealer and you have a good repoire with the service manager, you stand a far better chance of getting your synchro's taken care of under warranty. How many miles do you also have on the car currently. All this will be a deciding factor if you can get the service manager to contact the district parts and service manager to request assistance. Sometimes this works, but no gaurantees. Like I said, you are more likely to get either some or full goodwill assistance if you have a service history with the dealer and by the way; make sure your car is stock if you get an appointment with the management or DPSM. Good luck, you will need it.
Josh

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
akanitro409 said:
If you have performed all your service and warranty repairs in the past with a particular dealer and you have a good repoire with the service manager, you stand a far better chance of getting your synchro's taken care of under warranty. How many miles do you also have on the car currently. All this will be a deciding factor if you can get the service manager to contact the district parts and service manager to request assistance. Sometimes this works, but no gaurantees. Like I said, you are more likely to get either some or full goodwill assistance if you have a service history with the dealer and by the way; make sure your car is stock if you get an appointment with the management or DPSM. Good luck, you will need it.
Josh
I agree 100%. Worse than can do is say no :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
To expand on what has been said, if your mileage is low but the warranty ran out due to the 36 months, you may have a chance. Make sure you change back to the stock shifter. Good luck. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
I don't think there is any chance of getting it fixed unless you're still under warranty. The only way they would fix it is if you had taken it for the same problem while the car was still under warranty and it was not resolved properly. Other than that I think you're pretty much SOL.

Sorry bud.
Ditto....I don't think the Dealership will agree to work on your ride for free.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys! All the replies were exactly what I expected, and exactly what I got. And to think, I wasted 2 hours swapping from my BPP to to that "thing" GM calls a stock shifter, and back. Oh well, it was worth a shot! Decided to have 21CMC install one of their built units. From everything I've heard, it will be a well spent $2300. OK, a little more, since I'm having them install the hardened diff shaft, too.

Thanks again guys!! I LOVE this forum!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts