Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this from one of our customers. Since I'm posting this, I will not use his name, but he will probably verify this.

I have been reluctant to post our feelings, since our built in bias would lend itself to skepticism regarding our remarks.

What this gentleman has to say about 20 mph and up, I can testify is real. We no longer have traction in first gear, no matter what. This is 70 degree weather. We are at Sea-Level here, which makes the numbers really large, so that helps, but here is his email, word for word:

"Wired it like you said, then one click to the left on low, one click to the left on high, punched it in 1st at 20 mph - Smoked them all the way thru 2nd. Definitely making some extra HP. Also sounding really strong. Thanks"

Name left out. {He is commenting on the entire Halltech T-1 SideWinder 448 package, not just the T-1 Intake.}

Jim Hall

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
VERY cool. That is how I want my Z06 to ride!

- Charley

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Yes those are my comments

I just completed it yesterday. Took it out for one twenty minute run and the rains came, still cloudy & wet this morning so I guess it will wait till tomorrow before more "evaluation". The Halltech T-1 package definetely kicks it up a notch. Also I have to mention, Jim was quite helpful when I had any questions during installation. He was very prompt in answering my emails.

Package included the Sidewinder T-1 induction, iridium plugs, Magnecor wires, throttle body coolant bypass, 30 lb RC injectors, heat shield, 178 degree thermostat, polished throttle body & the afr calibrator mounted inside the cabin. I also added Baer Eradispeed rotors. They sure look good.

Next project is Breathless long tube step headers & x-pipe, to be installed in two weeks

This Z is the best toy I've had since I got my first bike at ten years old.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Jim Hall,

How big is the AFR calibrator and where inside the cabin do you mount it so that it does not look like an eye sore?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VettTheRipper said:
Jim Hall,

How big is the AFR calibrator and where inside the cabin do you mount it so that it does not look like an eye sore?
The AFR needs to be adjusted once per mod. We have tweeked it on the dyno until the max HP was obtained.

PIC of mounting location today.

Jim

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not trying to discredit your new power. However my 01 Z06 Bone Stock except for a K&N Drop in Panel filter will break loose the tires just punching it at 20mph in 1st or 2nd gear. So the real test for me is always the Drag Strip, thats my DYNO!!!. Look at your 1/4 mile trap mph difference.

By the way I'm very impressed with the HP Jim Hall's products make. Thats why I ordered one of the new Composite T-1's. I sure hope it gets here soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i too have the t-1 pkg with the breathless x-pipe and a maft...ud pully... and yeah its a beast....392 rwhp....
i only have one complaint hp...is addicting!!!!!!!
thats why im going one more step...head cam headers being installed as we type....450 rwhp expected ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts