Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my T-1 in my Z and wonder what I should do with the small open hose that went into the stock air box (drivers side, front)? I have no idea what this is and if I need to plug it or what. I have seen no reference to this hose. Nothing in the Halltach installation guide or PDF.

Please Help
JOHN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi John,

What you are referring to is the air intake hose for the supply pump. It supplies the (preferably filtered) air to the air pump.

DO NOT plug it. I would suggest putting a breather filter on it. A PCV breather for a valve cover application. Go to an auto parts store to see what you need for size and type.

Then make it look esthetically pleasing by tying it up somewhere but do not plug it off, it has to breath by taking in air.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You connect it to the TOP of the filter. It does breathe in the same manner that it did on the stock filter.

G

·
Instructions

Sorry I left this out of the instructions. I will have all the details online soon. In the meantime 99% of the installation can be found at www.CorvetteC5.com Click on Installation, then T-1 Installation. You will need Adobe Reader. There is a link on our site.

Here's the scoop regarding the hose:

The small 90-degree elbow from your stock airbox plugs into the filter (the hole on the filter should be facing the bottom). Pull apart the stock hose at the 180-degree coupling. Install the elbow and short bent hose in the filter. Run the rest of the line under the filter and reconnect the two hoses with the 180-degree connector.

I'll take some jpegs tomorrow and post them.

Jim Hall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts