Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member and have just recently purchased a 02 MY Z06. I am wanting to buy a intake and have decided that the Halltech is the best but which one do I buy T-1 Sidewinder or the TRIC?????????? any info would be greatly appreciated. I just can't leave well enough alone. I have to MODIFY!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Brian,

I don't want to speak for Halltech here, but I think Jim will suggest the Sidewinder. The 02's with the MAF sreen removed had some "surging" problems with the Tric. I had the Tric and needed to switch to the Sidewinder.

Jim, If I am incorrect here please jump in.

Mark

G

·
TRIC

Our newest filter eliminates surging on the TRIC. COMPLETELY.

Hard to believe, but the filter design was the culprit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T-1 or TRIC Which do I Buy??

Thanks for the info. Jim, Fanatical, & Z06LS6.
Fanatical how do you like your T-1? Can you tell a noticable difference? Also Good Color choice. I do have a question for Jim when you emailed me you said that you did not recommend the TRIC in the rain. Does this mean that I can't drive in the rain at all or just try and stay out of flood type conditions. What if I got caught in the middle of a heavy thunder storm. I don't drive my car everyday as it stays in the garage most of the time. It has never seen rain but that does not mean that it won't or that I won't get caught in it. Jim am I correct in assuming that you are recommending the TRIC with the new filter???????
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Go with the T-1 Sidewinder,install is very simple(no cutting of shroud)..you will notice SOTP improvement

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna buy the T-1 right now!! Can't wait any longer. Are you happy with yours? Also did the NGK's and the Taylor wires help any that you can tell??? These cars are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had several VETTS but this one is the absolute DADDY. I still can't get the grin off my face

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re: T-1 or TRIC Which do I Buy??

Brian Anderson said:
Thanks for the info. Jim, Fanatical, & Z06LS6.
Fanatical how do you like your T-1? Can you tell a noticable difference? Also Good Color choice.

Brian,

I am very happy with the T-1 set up! I looks great, was an easy install and is reversable in a matter of a 1/2 hour.

I also like the Tric set up, but if I had to do it over again, I would do the T-1. The T-1 does not require the cutting of the shroud, no water concerns and easy to reverse if necessary.

SOTP performance is noticable on both systems. Good luck!

Mark

G

·
TRIC or T-1

The TRIC is now a very strong choice, with the surging completely eliminated. We have a new filter design for the TRIC, but the risk of deep water is always present during downpours.

The TRIC can be driven through thunderstorms without any problem, if your moving. The water ingestion risk comes from driving very slowly through deep water. We haven't ever had an 06 with this happen, but we do not want our first. Be careful.

The T-1 has no water risk at all, since it is actually higher than the stock filter.

If you start with the T-1 filter, then go for the package at a later date, you will start with 16 RWHP and end up with 28.6 to 30.2 RWHP, when the T-1 SideWinder kit is complete.

Jim

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought the T1 because I don't want to freak out every time I see a puddle or it starts to rain (not that my car has ever seen any rain or puddles), but there's always that first time ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply I'm gonna go with the T-1. Won't have to worry about the water situation and won't have to cut anything. It sounds like the power is about the same on both. Does the T-1 come polished at all or is it all carbon fiber?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Brian Anderson said:
Hello, I am a new member and have just recently purchased a 02 MY Z06. I am wanting to buy a intake and have decided that the Halltech is the best but which one do I buy T-1 Sidewinder or the TRIC?????????? any info would be greatly appreciated. I just can't leave well enough alone. I have to MODIFY!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Brian,

I've seen the TRIC installed on Jim's Z and comparing it to the T1, I'd go with the T1 instead. I just had my installed personally by Jim and his assistant, Pam over at Halltech.

Checkout Jim's recent post which also includes my feedback from the recent dyno testing.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10416

john

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you guys like the sidewinder better than the K & N Twin Flow intake system?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks John I just purchased the T-1 off of Halltech's website and it should be here Tuesday. Can't wait. I appreciate everyone that responded. It really helped me make the best decision.
This is a GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Site. I'm Glad I joined.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts