Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done so far:

Halltech T-1 Intake (TRIC if you want this version)
Halltech ported throttle body
Halltech Throttle Body Coolant bypass
Special Plugs
Magnecor Plug wires
Racing Fuel injectors
Thermal heat shielding 'Insolator'
Torco Racing Synthetic Oil (Optional-Purchase from Torco direct)

Dyno test the above combo
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To do:

I looks like we will have the complet setup by Monday;
New 176-degree Thermostat
Halltech Manually calibrated fan switching module

There may be a couple more minor mods, but testing is still in progress.

Expected RWHP 375 to 380
Expected Torque 370 lbs. ft.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There were a lot of posts re this electric reverse flow water pump several weeks ago - along with some claims of substantial power increases. Then, suddenly - quiet... I was kinda wondering what happened to that item. Usually, sudden quiet is not good news.

So, it will be very interesting to see this item resurface... I must admit that I wanted to believe what I was reading about it. I also wanted to believe that the electric pump would be as durable as was claimed.

LPE has been selling Magnecor wires since forever and they are high quality units. I bought a set from them to replace the original LT-5 labelled wires on my ZR-1 (which I stored), since those original wires were no longer available through GM, and their price sky rocketed accordingly. Are you expecting these wires to make additional, noticeable power? I kinda viewed them the same way I viewed the SAMCO hoses I purchased from LPE - high quality units with great longevity, but not more power.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BLEUBYU said:
There were a lot of posts re this electric reverse flow water pump several weeks ago - along with some claims of substantial power increases. Then, suddenly - quiet... I was kinda wondering what happened to that item. Usually, sudden quiet is not good news.

So, it will be very interesting to see this item resurface... I must admit that I wanted to believe what I was reading about it. I also wanted to believe that the electric pump would be as durable as was claimed.

LPE has been selling Magnecor wires since forever and they are high quality units. I bought a set from them to replace the original LT-5 labelled wires on my ZR-1 (which I stored), since those original wires were no longer available through GM, and their price sky rocketed accordingly. Are you expecting these wires to make additional, noticeable power? I kinda viewed them the same way I viewed the SAMCO hoses I purchased from LPE - high quality units with great longevity, but not more power.
Actually no. I don't think plugs or wires make power. Rather, what we are after is a total package that will allow all the fuel to be burned, without pinging or one component in the chain failing.

Having all the airflow and fuel in the world makes no difference if the spark can't handle it at high rpm.

Jim

·
Registered
251 Posts
How hard are those injectors to install? What are we looking at in the mileage department?

With the heat shielding, how does it look?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KilrZ06 said:
How hard are those injectors to install? What are we looking at in the mileage department?

With the heat shielding, how does it look?
The heat shielding is hidden under the radiator cap.

Injectors are very easy, but need to be done professionally due to the fuel that could go into the injector port.

We'll know if it was worth it tomorrow.

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
What kind of injectors?
With these mods do you need to upgrade the injectors?
or are these balanced stock injectors.
Look forard to seeing the results.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Answer

BADASSZ06 said:
What kind of injectors?
With these mods do you need to upgrade the injectors?
or are these balanced stock injectors.
Look forard to seeing the results.
No these are balanced and blueprinted RC Engineering Lucas Racing Injectors.

We have to wait until Monday to dyno the full T-1 package.

Jim Hall

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more mod and we are done.

T-1 started, here are the mods so far:
Done so far:

Halltech T-1 Intake (TRIC if you want this version)
Halltech ported throttle body
Halltech Throttle Body Coolant bypass
Thermostat-176-degree
Special Plugs
Magnecor Plug wires
Racing Fuel injectors
Thermal heat shielding 'Insolator'
Torco Racing Synthetic Oil (Optional-Purchase from Torco direct)

Dyno test the above combo
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To do:

I looks like we will have the complete setup by Monday;
Fully adjustable fan switching module

Expected RWHP 375 to 380
Expected Torque 370 lbs. ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts