Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can one of you guys w/ a T-1 suspension measure your ride height for me please? Ideally, please give me a measurement from in front of the t-hook slot on the frame in front, and behind the slot in the rear; all 4 corners please. Thanks!! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My car is up on stands right now with the wheels off.

But, I'm not sure this will help you. I can easily vary my ride height by an inch.

As a guestimate, I would say the ground to frame height at the front jacking point on the side rail is about 3.5". I get this from the fact that I have a Harbor Freight low profile racing jack with a reported saddle height of 3" and I can barely get it under the fiberglass lip on the quarterpanel.

Another quick check is the tire to quarterpanel height gap in the front. With 315/35-17 fronts on 17x10 wheels, my gap is about an inch.

Hope that helps a little. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Subdriver that's a start. Here's another question for you - the car is supposed to have approximately 1/2" rake front to rear. How is this affected when running the same size tire all around? Standard C5 and Z06 tires are different diameters contributing to the rake. Also, is the rake difference measured at the frame rails also? Couldn't find a definitive answer via search.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I don't think you are going to find a definitive answer on rake. I too use the 1/2" thumbrule as measured from ground to frame behind the front wheels compared to in front of rear wheels which is where you indicated above.

Yes, tire size will impact this. Ride heights must be set based on how the car sits on the tires. Change to a taller or shorter tire and you are going to change ride heights. Mine was set for these tires. :cheers:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be really, really careful when you start monkeying around with ride height. I initially had mine set all the way down which bottomed out the shocks and really screwed up the suspension geometry...not to mention rake and aerodynamics. My best advice is take the car to Phoenix and have Joe, Mark and the rest of the crew set the thing up right. 2d choice - email or call Joe ([email protected]) and ask them. Mark uses this 'high-speed' level with specific measuring points. Once he set my ride height back where it was supposed to be, the car was a dream to drive.

Looking at the spring bolts, it looks like I'm about 3/4 to an inch away from being all the way down. In other words, if you lower (or raise) the car to the max, back it off about an inch and that will get you close. I'd then recommend taking it to the scales, disconnecting the sway bars and balancing the car out. Once it's balanced, reconnect the sway bars.

Like I said though, doing it yourself is the last option. Take it to Phoenix!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts