Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Z-51 bars on my c5 and have been happy with them, how do the T1 bars compare to the hotckins or z-51 bars.

I am putting on the LG coilovers this week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
World of difference. They're 10x as heavy, much stiffer, and blue. The endlinks take a bit of adjusting to be noise-free...if you ever get there... More understeer, but you can learn to drive around it, or you can get wider front tires.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
robiferretti said:
noise free is VERY important to me. What causes the noise the bushings?
Agree with leaftye, much stiffer. The endlinks are what get noisy because they are metal to metal. Two ways to prevent it: lube them frequently or get LG's teflon lined endlinks. I have the LG's and have been very happy with them. No noise whatsoever.

·
Registered
372 Posts
agreed T1 is the way to go for the track. On a daily driver you will notice the car is much less compliant over rough roads, driveways, uneven pavement, etc. You will know they are there. End links not an issue with the ones from LG or Guldstrand. Even the ones they come with are fine for awhile, and easily made quiet again with some lube.

If it's a daily driver you may want to try the hotchkiss first, you will notice them in a nice way and do not need $300 end links. If I drove the car daily this is what I would use, But I am becoming an old fart, 10 years ago, no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts