Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of improving my suspension and wanted a stiffer race car ride for future track fun. Will the T1 ruin my road manners so I will not enjoy driving on the street? :guiness: I will also be doing brakes to improve stopping power. :usa:

·
Banned
809 Posts
I think it's too stiff for the street. YMMV. The stock suspension is very good actually. If you haven't been to the track with your car yet, I'd try it before you go doing any mods to the suspension. The Z06 is a helluva car on the track out of the box.

If I were you, I'd spend my money on track time, tires and consumable brake parts and have fun.

Sal

·
Registered
971 Posts
The T-1's are one the best things I have done to the car. In fact, I have coil-overs as well and race brakes. 55,000 miles on this car. Drive it as much as I can. No problems on the street.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Better shocks will make a huge difference, stock ones suck! You could at least start there, then move on to match to your taste.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
As stated above, the car in OEM trim is awesome.

My .02:

If you are a good enough driver so that you are at the car's limits in its present trim or if you want to spend money to have a modded, unique car, then go for it. Otherwise you may want to stick to seat time, schools, and safety mods until you can push the car to its limits. At that time I believe you will know enough about suspension, setup, tires, etc. to answer your own question and you may see something out there that you like better than the T-1 setup.

:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate your suggestions and will be putting the to use. I will see if I can humble the car on the track with some seat time and go from there.

NY roads suck aand it is a pity to have such a nice car and pay taxes up the kazoo for these roads! Truckers voted NY as the worst state for roads in the US if I remember. I agree!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think you will be happy if you just did '04 shocks and a stainless tunnel brace since those two mods really firmed up my ride. Bang-for-the-buck is high with these two simple mods, especially if your car is primarily street-driven with occasional track use (..DE's).

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Check out our treatise in the June '05 VETTE Magazine, on better newstands now, for a somewhat detailed outline of the T-1 Suspension set-up.
Works for us....might just work for YOU!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There is NO way I would run the T1 suspension on the street in NY. That being said, I have it on my car and am very pleased with it, but I now live in Florida and don't drive on the street anymore! :lol:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 2 cents, please value accordingly.

First thing to do is get heim joint swaybar endlinks, either T-1 parts or the Teflon lined. No other mod will do more to connect you to the road.

Then a good performance alignment and balancing of the corner weights.

Still not happy, get sticky tires or tires and 18" front rims. Now you have enough grip to start loading up the chassis enough to worry about stiffer bars and control arm bushings.

I'm lowered the recommended 15mm and have only T-1 endlinks, front bump steer kit, and 18" Nitto 555R2's. My next mods will be rear bump steer kit (bigger Hiem joint tierod ends) and 04 shocks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A complete T1 kit is going to cost better than 2500 dollars. For that kind of money you can do more than a couple of HPDEs and really get to know the car you have now (and as said before it's really very good right out of the box). Spend the money on learning the car and self improvement. Chris Engle was beating the tar out of the competition in T1 for the first couple of years on stock suspension. He has converted, but the T1 boys and girls knew he was there.

Tony #54

·
Registered
267 Posts
Another alternative is to get the T1 lower control arms, put urethane bushings in the upper control arms, 04 shocks, lowered, aligned, cross weigt corrected and BFG KD's or Goodyear CS D3's. Good street set up, good tires, and good track/autocross car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts