Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to install T1 sway bars, have friends over for holiday wknd and we are STUMPED.

can't get the front bar endlinks to line up.

anyone have installation instructions?

thanks!

-Leslie

·
Registered
51 Posts
looking now

i thought i saw something about them online, i was going to order sway bars myself soon. i will check around to see if i can find the notes online, or if i printed them and layed them someplace...

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are AWSOME dude.

several corvette folks standing by, we decided to take a MM/burger break and walk away from the install in hopes someone would answer haha

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
blkZ06 said:
trying to install T1 sway bars, have friends over for holiday wknd and we are STUMPED.

can't get the front bar endlinks to line up.

anyone have installation instructions?

thanks!

-Leslie
Turn the bar ovee-swap ends--might just be trying to install the wrong way. If your using the stock sway bar insulator brackets,space them out 1/8 to 1/4 inch.Otherwise their is tooooo much tension on bar and rubber insulator.

·
Registered
51 Posts
cool, give a shout to post an opinion on how they feel in action! i am looking at 2 diff brands...

·
Registered
51 Posts
did u already install the lowering kit too?

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my vette's already lowered on stock bolts, so am going to take it in for an alignment next wk

can't wait to see how they feel, that front bar was really not coming together, so after we came back and looked at it, we realized we needed to bolt the end links on FIRST, then slide the bar into place.

On the back end links, the passenger side- the hinde joint needs to be straightened, the driver side- I need to tap the top bolt

will let you know how the car feels after the shop visit, MSiska will probably be the first one driving it, since he's taking it to the fest for me so I can drive my viper:thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Aren't you a little dressed up for doing the car work??
:eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
so how do they feel? i have held off on sway bars because the stock bars are so thick already. need some feedback from some folks that have lowered the car and done the sway bars at a diff time to feel the change they made.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:-?

·
Registered
51 Posts
no feedback on the cornering???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Similar question...

I too am installing my T1 bars; however, the front bar seems to be held more tightly by the front bushings than I am used to (based on experience installing bars on other cars). In fact, the bar can't be rotated by hand in the bushings (no links installed yet).

The bar is centered and it is in the correct orientation. The bushings are also installed in the OEM orientation and are centered in the subframe and in the brackets. I have read other places that people are recommending spacers between the subframe and the bracket, but that doesn't seem like the right answer.

Finally, in its current position (held in place only by the bushings), the bar is pretty darn close to the lower control arms. It's not quite touching at full droop so I doubt it will be a problem in use, but it is surely closer than the OEM bar was. Maybe that is to be expected because it is so much larger in diameter...

Any thoughts from people with firsthand experience? Is this just how these parts feel and look when new?

James
[email protected]

·
Registered
72 Posts
I installed the bars a couple of weeks ago and I agree the front bar is not nearly as simple to install. I thought it would be a 20 minute job but it took me an hour. The fitment is tight and close to everything, I too had a rough time with the endlinks.

As for the drive, I have a 99 coupe so for me it was almost doubling the swaybar diameter. The car handles undbelievably but the ride is extremely rough. I have T1 springs, T1 swaybars, bilstein revalved shocks, R&D cross bar and the tunnel brace. The ride in town is very uncomfortable but on the highways and nice smooth roads, it is great.

If you don't like a rough ride, I wouldn't recommend the bars, the are also a bit noisey because of the metal endlinks.

There was a noticeable difference with my car with and without the bars, by the way that was the last install I did for the suspension so I feel the difference of just adding the bars.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts