Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You T1ers -

With your setup, can you rotate wheels / tires. I think you run 315/35/17 all around, but are front / rear wheels (offsets) the same?

Considering my options for my series (MWC ASR)

Thanks...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
NO. You are allowed 11x17 wheels in the rear but are limited to 10x17 on the front...therfore you can only rotate side to side..... OR front to back ONLY if you dismount and remount the tires.

AS to offset, you allowed a maximum +0.25" (6.5mm) on each wheel and I suggest you have that built into the wheels. This will help with
- zeroing the scrub radius when you lower the car, even slightly
- help with inside clearance, especially on the front brake duct extensions.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I'm not encumbered by a lot of rules in MWC, and am thinking about setups. Want to keep $$ in mind...

I had decided to use stock rear wheels, 18 x 9.5 replicas at 65mm offset in front with Michelin PSC 295/30/18 front, 315/30/18 rear, on the theory of these lasting longer than an absolute pure race tire, and knowing that these are like my current Toyo Proxes RA1s - near race stickiness, but will last 8 days or so.

Only thing that got me thinking about diifferent setup was realizing that I need a wet setup, too.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
The 17x10 F/17x11 R is really good, cost effective combo...and tested reliable and fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts