Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen a post a while back but can't seem to locate it. I should see my new Z06 in a couple of weeks.

My question is, what should I be looking for? :-?

I know the video should be in the car along with the owners manual but I've heard there should be a Vette pen and a tire gauge? Anything else?

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I must be one of the really lucky ones. My Dealer's General Manager is a Corvette collector, and the sales person is their exclusive Vette sales person. He took me through the car, the owners manual, talked about the video, and seemed as excited about the car as I was, but trying not to show it.
That's the second time and dealer that made the Corvette Experience what it should be at the time and after the sale.
Stan :D
Good thing my Z has a windshield, or I would have looked like a happy Harley rider by the time I got home.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Y2k,
as of late, seems the QC at the general is slipping somewhat in the interior plastic fit / finish dept........
I was 5 minutes away from a Blk/MR.......a few weeks ago......
The car (around the a/c vent top, and radio ) trim was uneven and crooked.
Check the exhaust tips.....seen a lot of complaints in that area, (one side higher than the other).
INSIST on a test drive.......this is what kept me from this car......
It seemed weaker than my '01(which would be natural) since I didn't romp onit........but, after a few miles it had a severe "pinging" in the engine ........KR's I am sure, but this was extremely disconcerting.......my '01 has been seamless in power since day 1.
So, insist on a mile or 2 drive........and listen.
Check the paint in GOOD light(day),and make sure it is up to snuff in all area's.
The salesman I was dealing with was pushing the deal......(so would I have been), but, the pinging was a real turnoff, and he was all for "Taking care of the SMALL issue's after the paperwork...........".
Not me............
That was 2/13/02........the '02 is still sitting on the lot...........
I guess, what i am saying is to not "Get caught up in the moment", it's easily done.....and don't let it be a regret.......
Good luck, and enjoy the ride of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts