Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in a ZO6 for the first time and thought I might not be able to drive one. I can barely fit my hand (flat) between my head (back and left) and the headliner. With a helmet on, it sorta pushes my head over towards the center of the car. And I have a short torso and long legs!!! I'm hoping that the seat wears in fast. I've also heard talk of removing seat springs to let you actually sit in the seat and not on it. I was also thinking there must be some way to lower the seat with cutting and welding the seat frame? I guess no NBA folks will be getting ZO6's...

How many of you folks are of large porportions? How is it getting in and out of the ZO6 everyday? I'm only 24 so old age hasn't caught up yet, but my knees are shot from all the years of Soccer. I know there is a huge difference in getting in and out of a factory ride height and lowered Z-28...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs. (40 lbs of beer belly). :lol: Not huge, but big enough. The compartment feels cozy to me. Very comfortable. When it comes to getting in and out, I always sit down first and then swing the legs in. Do the opposite getting out. It puts less stain on an already bad back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am 6'4" and 235 lbs and have no problems at all. I have been really amazed at how comfortable the cockpit is.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I drive quite a few different cars (rentals) when traveling on business (which is often these days). I usually get a mid or full size but I still always have issues with head and leg (knees mostly) room although I am not tall. I can honestly say that I have plenty of head and leg room in the Z06. A few of my friends have commented on the head and leg room in the new vettes too. I think part of the leg room is from the rear positioned transmission.
As Frank suggested he does, I sit in the seat first then bring the legs in. The old back and legs just don't work like they used to when I was a youngster. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
how to fit in a Z06

I am tall so I use the seat memory settings: no. 1 pushes the seat all the way back and down, to allow ease of entry/exit...I when I saddle up, I push setting no.2 to bring me into a more effecient race/drive position. If these don't work, try removing the wallet from your back pocket..its good for 2 inches.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am 6'2" and 195 and the car is very roomy. The C5s lengthen the wheelbase to 104.5" so there is plenty of leg room. Be sure seat is lowered (via power seat adjustment) to maximize head room. My buddy Z.06 is 6'5" and around 230 and I don't think he has any complaints as to head space. He also intends to head for the track so he will be wearing a helmut as well.

GOLD72

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the reply's fellas. When I did sit in the '01 ZO6's the seat was all the way down, all the way back and the seat back tilted back as far as it will go (in my Camaro with the seat all the way back I lower the seat back and get another 2"s or so of room. Don't get the racing support, but for daily and long distance driving it's fine. I never sit in a car with my wallet. I always take the wallet and cell phone out of my pockets and put them in the console...

The weird thing is that I have a short toroso and still had headroom problems. As for leg room there was plenty. I could stick my feet past the pedals and not hit the firewall...

So nobody has heard of modding the seat for more room?

·
Registered
340 Posts
YESSSSSSSS.....I was very worried about that...I am 6-3 195 and was very worried if I would fit in a Z.....I sat in a topless and that seeme fine

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
OK fellas... I'm 6' 6" 225lbs. :eek:

I fit just fine... and comfortably too I might add!

Hell... I'd remove the seat and drive with my ass on the floorboard if I had to! :D :D :D

Not gonna miss out on driving such a great machine for any reason... :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
No problems here. I'm 6'3" and 310. :eek: As you can tell from the Carlisle pic. I find the Z very comfortable.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm-
6'3"
220lbs.
32in. Inseam

No Problems!
Actually has more legroom than my 300M! Anyway as AgentZ06 stated

Hell... I'd remove the seat and drive with my ass on the floorboard if I had to!
:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See, that is the weird part. I've got a short toroso and long legs, 38" inseam. I didn't have legroom problem (with my legs stretched straight out, but who knows on extended crusing time and different leg positions) but my head was damned near touching the headliner... Oh well. I'll see 9-19-01, when I go pick the car up at the NCM :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
6'2" 208 lbs 36 inch inseam, no problems here once you get used to the ingress and egress motions. :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts