Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure did and sounds real nice...makes me want one even more :D...at least I can hold my "C5 Head" high with 315/320 on an A4 :D

Mark

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interesting results. All vehicles (C5s anyway) look about 7-10rwhp high, especially the ZR1 (I know, not a C5) and the Z06. This is not a flame, just an observation--and the dyno is not even in Texas!

Great Z06 #s!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing some time traveling again, Ted? Registered member since 2007? I beat you by one year.

Wow!

·
Registered
764 Posts
MeanGreen,

Excellent numbers! Looks like you all had a great time too.:)

Wish I could have been there..

Mark

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mako said:
Interesting results. All vehicles (C5s anyway) look about 7-10rwhp high, especially the ZR1 (I know, not a C5) and the Z06. This is not a flame, just an observation--and the dyno is not even in Texas!

Great Z06 #s!
these pulls were done on the latest greatest dynojet and SAE corrected, running the latest software (if more details are needed, please let me know)....the couple of "racers" in attendance stand by the results and know what their machines should produce.

The ZR1 is not stock and at the very least has intake/exhaust and I believe head/cam....I have to verify though

The Z06 numbers are solid and Frank can back up FRC Tom's claims...no fudging nembers there. Not stock either ;)

Look at the 2 Mongoose package numbers, shoulda been higher but weren't...I trust these these numbers over my Breathless pulls on a portable mustang setup :)

No flaming intended....but I think these numbers really stand up...and a great time was had :)

Mark

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wes...thanks :D

Fanatical1 said:
MeanGreen,

Excellent numbers! Looks like you all had a great time too.:)

Wish I could have been there..

Mark
Thanks Mark...you coming down for the Ecklers gig :)

Mark

·
Registered
89 Posts
No flame intended on the dyno results, but facts are facts. A 2001 Z06 with a "custom airbox" does not go from 330srwhp stock to 364rwhp. A 34rwhp airbox?

As I have posted in the past, and as Jim Hall has pointed out in a current thread on this forum, the absolute numbers must always be taken with a grain of salt. The real value of the dyno is as a measurement tool for before and after results after various results. Even on the same dyno on different days there will be some fluctuations that the software does not fully correct for.

Jim and I have both been to a Dynojet 248C dyno in SoCal that has the latest Winpep software and consistently reads 20rwhp and 20rwhp high. This dyno could still be used to check the "before" and "after" results, but we do not take the absolute #s as the holy truth.

Anyway, Congrats on a good turn out and nice results!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mako,

FRC Tom's Z06 has a lot more than an airbox. He also has long tube headers and a reprogramed computer along with a few other goodies. :)

Frank

·
Registered
89 Posts
Frank: Thanks for the clarification and I stand corrected! I thought the original thread I saw through a link said the Z06 had a "custom airbox and not much more". The numbers are right on then! (and also assuming the ZR1 has some healthy mods).

Nevertheless, the dyno is really just a tool--an important one-but just a device.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mako said:
Frank: Thanks for the clarification and I stand corrected! I thought the original thread I saw through a link said the Z06 had a "custom airbox and not much more". The numbers are right on then! (and also assuming the ZR1 has some healthy mods).

Nevertheless, the dyno is really just a tool--an important one-but just a device.
you're probably right about the original post link...i did say the air box and little else with a wink, forgot about the headers, my bad.

Thanks and I hope my numbers aren't 20 off....heading to the track to find out :D

Mark

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Real Dyno

I agree 100%, except for the driver's ability factor.

Too bad we don't have a calculator that would factor in each driver's handicap, sorta like golf.

Power shifting alone can be worth .3 over speed shifting. Think of how many times you let off the gas during the 1/4 mile to shift and there it is.

Launching variables between drivers accounts for another .3 or more. Guys hitting 1.90 60 ft. times have very strong e.t.s.

Last year, a customer by the name of Tommy Pierson took his 99 C5 armed with just the TRIC, no Max Airflow Generator, and no ported TB, and ran 12.71 at 111.9 at Carlsbad, CA.

He installed the B&B exhaust and ran the next weekend at Pomona, CA and clipped off a 12.53 @ 112 mph!

Driving skills.

I'm a good drag racer, but I think I'll put Tommy in the drivers seat when we go to the track. No handicap needed.

He told me last week that he could put my 2000 in the low 12s. Hummmmmm

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I have dynoed my "Z" after almost every mod.
The dyno sheet in my sig was done after my computer programming.
Some of you might remember that when I installed a ported throttle body and Platinum 4+4 plugs the car lost 4 hp.
Hib Halverson told me to get rid of the 4+4s.
I replaced them with a Champion plug that 1fastdog recommended and I got my 4 hp back.
I am still not happy with my AF ratio (running to rich) so I might send the computer back for some more programming, I'm sure there is some lost HP there.
So at 95 degrees and 75 percent humidity my car pulls 363.8 hp (SAE).
I will have the latest dyno sheet in my sig. soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts