Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Largo, Florida and have a 2001 Z06. Mod's I have made to-date include a Halltech intake, 160 thermostat and Borla XR1 Race Exhaust. Best dyno (before the thermostat) was 346.7 RWHP. It was a hot day (95 degrees) with close to 100% humidity, so I think my next dyno run will be significantly better. I have not done any programming yet. Does anyone know of a reputable tuner in the Tampa Bay area? I just learned of Tune Tech in Tarpon Springs. Any others? Also, are headers going to help significantly if the Cat's are left on? Any other mod's that are recommended? Please respond to this post or you can reach me at [email protected]. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
TS,

Cant help ya on Fla. Tuners but wanted to Welcome ya to the forum, lots of folks in the Fla. area will jump in......................
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Tom welcome to the best Z06 site on the web.
If you are going to do headers I suggest long tube, this will remove your pup cats.
I use Tune Tech for my dynos also. The TTS LT headers gave me approx. a 14 rwhp gain.
The only other person besides Steve at Tune Tech that I let touch my cars in Pinellas is Vern Carmack at Chevy Service Center on West Bay Dr. in Largo (he installed my headers and X-pipe).
If you don't mind a hour drive Corvette Concepts is in Sarasota and he is also a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom - What is the phone number for Vern Carmack at Chevy Service Center on West Bay Dr. in Largo? I could not find the listing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind, I found it.... he's actually in Clearwater on Bay Ave.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom - In your post, you stated, "If you are going to do headers I suggest long tube, this will remove your pup cats". Does that mean you are still running the primary cats? Does the sound get louder with the headers? My car is almost too loud already as my stock mufflers have been replaced with the Borla XR1 Race system that uses a single muffler in the center.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts