Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After header install tapping noise now coming from the engine. No exhaust leaks but a loud tapping like a valve, not sure if you guys have that on your cars after the install? Or is the valve train just that loud? Thanks......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi!

See if the headers or the x-pipe are hitting the tunnel plate when the engine torques over.

Just a guess, but been there- done that!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, nope they are clear and the noise is coming from the header tubes. I hope its just a normal noise.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not sure how loud your noise is, but it is normal to hear a "tinny" noise from the headers. Remember these are thin wall tube headers, not thick cast iron like the stock manifolds.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Could be just additional noise that you now hear with the headers since they are a thinner wall construction than the stock manifolds. If not, it could be a small exhaust leak.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Could also be a bad gasket on the Header. There's nothing you could have done with the installation itself that'd cause an internal mechanical issue. It's got to be either exhaust noise or clearance between the Header and something external to the motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! It seems like the noise is most at idle and low rpms. Its seems to be running great I just want to see if anybody had this noise after a install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After header install tapping noise now coming from the engine. No exhaust leaks but a loud tapping like a valve, not sure if you guys have that on your cars after the install? Or is the valve train just that loud? Thanks......
Right after I got it done I had the same noice you described. It’s like a tabing/ tick noise comes sounds likes it’s coming between Where the xpipe and header connect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts