Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we installed a ten piston brake kit from Tarox (an Italian vendor) on my Z06. It uses ten smaller pistons to press the pad evenly against the disks. We only installed it on the front axle and the kit comes complete with calipers, disks, brackets, screws and ss lines.

I just went for a ride to break the system in and things felt promising. From the last two full brakings from 120 km/h I felt a huge difference to stock. Hopefully I will soon have time to try the system out under more stress to see how it performs.
The brakes were always my main complaint with the Z06 and this seems to be solved now. And it's street legal over here...

Some pics to illustrate:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I see the stock front rim still fits, Very :coo:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see the stock front rim still fits, Very :coo:
Thanks IT L GO! Yeah, no need to go for (expensive) bigger rims...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did it run if you don't mind me asking?
Price here was CHF 3'700.- (parts only) which would be around USD 3'000.-. However, US pricing might be different. I went to the Tarox website and filled in the contact form. Within two days, the Swiss importer contacted me by phone... I was quite surprised.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice looking brakes!
Well for the gorgeous Swiss roads, you will need those brakes for all the sweeper turns. Best roads I have ever driven in my life!

I am also VERY disapointed with the Z06 brakes. I think I might do pads and lines before such a huge bank braker...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried them over the weekend driving up and down some mountain passes: result is they perform better than stock in every respect. The brake-problem is solved!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is the piston volume compared to stock? Any issues with the master cylinder?
The stock pistons are much bigger but there are only two. The whole design of the caliper is completely different. Tarox states: 'the more pistons the better'...
There were no issues with the master cylinder (I was worrying about that as well, but everything worked out fine).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts