Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I don't have access to water or detailing supplies. I found a self serve car wash (High pressure water) so I might take it there. But what would you all suggest as a small kit of wash, wax, and interior conditioner? Does Adams have something like that? If I was at home, I would normally have all my towels and detailing supplies, but it sucks being away from home...

Mike :usa:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not stationed at McGuire, but here TDY for 3 months, until 10 August....

Just picked up a red ZO6 too...

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
I meant where was your temporary station. Plenty of quarter washes etc in the area, as you know, I keep a short bucket full of supplies and stuff in the car when I travel with it and go to the car washes when they're slow and don't mind bucket washing.
If your off this Saturday you can stop by The Mod party and meet quite a few of us. We may even let you wash your car!!!

It's very close to McGuire AFB. See this thread. Joe

http://z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75860

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe...I will try and make it out there, but this damn school has almost all of our free time working on papers, studying for tests etc....Are there any other events?

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
mdbennes said:
Thanks Joe...I will try and make it out there, but this damn school has almost all of our free time working on papers, studying for tests etc....Are there any other events?

We try to all do something a few times during the summer. This is a pretty big gathering for the immediate area. Stay tuned. If you can even get up there for a little while it would be worth finding out where ECS is and meeting 30 or 40 of the members.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What time does it start on Saturday, and what is ECS?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what county...whatever Fort Dix and McGuire are in....

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Aw man, who did you p--- off? Just kidding! I spent 2 yrs @ McGuire in the 70's. Even volunteered for an assignment in Oklahoma just to get out of there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Luckily I am here TDY...I am in Utah at Hill AFB

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
mdbennes said:
And I don't have access to water or detailing supplies. I found a self serve car wash (High pressure water) so I might take it there. But what would you all suggest as a small kit of wash, wax, and interior conditioner? Does Adams have something like that? If I was at home, I would normally have all my towels and detailing supplies, but it sucks being away from home...

Mike :usa:
I take a short hose, (25') with me on the road along with car wash and towels. I hook into the hotel's water out side faucet and give her a wash. I have never had a hotel turn me down when I ask to use the water. give it a try.

D.J.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts