Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better...........an EASE, or an AUTOTAP.................
What is the difference, and where do you buy them.:-?
I want to be learned on the PCM system, and all the jargon that goes with it........and I will need ONE of these units, just not sure which................THANKS:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every member of Team ZR-1 (myself included) will say the Ease is better. Simply because it provides more information than the AutoTap. I'm sure J.R. will chime in and tell you the exact benefits the Ease has over the AutoTap. He is the most knowledgable person on the subject. I'm just learning.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
John of TeamZR1 is a proponent of the EASE scanner. You can get a discount at the Team site on the Ease. There was a thread that John had going discussing the 2, try a search.
John has a tremendous amount of knowledge in the scan, PCM, MAFT, etc area, and I always enjoy reading his posts or corresponding with him. I sure wish he lived nearby to help me with my mods! There are 2 books that John recommends, (I lost the titles) that will help in understanding the PCM "thing", so John, please post them here again, Thanks!
:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I recommend "Corvette Fuel Injection" by Charles O. Probst. It has a lot of technical information and is written in a clear concise style. About $25 from Amazon.

I am no expert on the Ease software. I just bought a copy from Team ZR1. The software is very complete and allows display of several engine parameters in graph format while you drive the car. In the near future, they will upgrade the software for a nominal cost to inlcude the 2001 and 2002 cars.

John Pease

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who & What

IS TEAM ZR1?...................
I thought this was a handle...............
Also, where is the TEAM ZR1 site?

·
Registered
19 Posts
www.teamzr1.com is the web site. You can join the team (it cost nothing) and will have access to the posts from members on a variety of topics. I joined about a month ago and have been absorbing information ever since then. There are allot of knowledgable, friendly people on the team willing to help with any problems you may encounter.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
pc1663 said:
I'm sure J.R. will chime in and tell you the exact benefits the Ease has over the AutoTap.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response from J.R.
At least on this site. :roll:

Don

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Indeed.

Vendors, no matter how much they contribute, are still bound by the terms of the site. Other vendors pay to advertise here and its just not fair to them.

You can buy products on the TeamZR1 site, and that constitutes goods for sale = vendor.

If John wishes to write articles for the site or some other contribution I will be GLAD to reprint them, but advertising on the site is limited to supporting vendors. Everyone knows this.

Some people will yell money-war-machine, and that's fine, but all of our vendors play by the rules set forth, no exceptions.

JC

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, the vendor stuff is between you and J.R and I don't know if this has been an ongoing thing between you two so if he stepped over the line then you have every right to show him the line... or show him the door.

It's just that, looking at the thread... Who was the first to throw the first punch? Even the Great Ali would have been impressed with that jab. ;) And of course, was his response really a big surprise considering?

Just my .02 cents.

Don

N4C5S said:
Indeed.

Vendors, no matter how much they contribute, are still bound by the terms of the site. Other vendors pay to advertise here and its just not fair to them.

You can buy products on the TeamZR1 site, and that constitutes goods for sale = vendor.

If John wishes to write articles for the site or some other contribution I will be GLAD to reprint them, but advertising on the site is limited to supporting vendors. Everyone knows this.

Some people will yell money-war-machine, and that's fine, but all of our vendors play by the rules set forth, no exceptions.

JC

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Just to clarify, yes, it has been ongoing, and to save the members a lot of reading, I'll save the threating emails I've received.

John has been warned on posting certain types of content and for the most part we have been very lenient due to his contributions, which have been very useful to the site, but I have to listen to the vendors that pay the bills around here.

I do apologize for the initial jab, not very professional of me, but again, I had to put a stop to this one.

You'll notice I did not delete or edit his posts, and if John decides he wishes to publish non-commercial material with no reference to his site or decides to pony up for the meager vendor fees, I'll welcome him with open arms.

JC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts