Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an update to my post last week. It turns out that the knocking noise was not valvetrain related at all but in the bottom end. A GM tech rep has been called and is supposed to tell the dealer what to do about it, ie replace the motor or fix this one. Obviously, I am not to happy with the thought of a rebuilt motor in a car with less than 500 mi. on it :puke:
I know some of you have dealt with GM on similar issues, any advise on how do deal with this? I am thinking as a minimum a new motor and extended warranty, I mean come on, I haven't even had a chance to properly Zaino the car yet.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
GalaxyEng said:

I know some of you have dealt with GM on similar issues, any advise on how do deal with this? I am thinking as a minimum a new motor and extended warranty, I mean come on, I haven't even had a chance to properly Zaino the car yet.
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Stick to your Guns, NEW MOTER AND EXT WARRENTY.........

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Galaxy

Sorry to hear it.........I mean way sorry.....:(
Here's what i would do, i would IMMEDIATELY get in touch with the zone rep...........don't dodick around with the dealer at all.....
TELL him/her.........you want a BRAND NEW ENGINE MINIMUM>>>>>>>>>
No short block, (a long block), OR you want a totally NEW vehicle, and you want a CORVETTE to drive while yours is being made whole.............INSIST on it........

·
Registered
194 Posts
I worked over 10 years as a Chev. service mgr,call 1-800-222-1020. Tell them you want talk to the zone rep. Try for a new vehicle. Sorry for your problems :( :( :( :( :( You can also go to the b.b.b. :eek:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Try for the new vehicle first. Only 500 miles? Sheesh!:roll:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 2

I just got off the phone with the service manager. They are installing a new (not rebuilt) engine that will have the updated ring package. I need to talk to customer service about the extended warranty. They are sending my engine back to the factory to find out what happened to it.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Galaxy...........

It won't make a dime's difference IF you are not planning on keeping the Z for a LONG time........
The only problem with a NEW engine assy, is the #'s will not match............(motor, and vehicle)..........
I would at this time demand a NEW vehicle, as this wiill be a detrimental resale factor IF you plan on keeping the auto......
(Unless you trade it in), ANY knowledgeable auto afficinado will / would want a service history, and check the numbers.........the dealer taking the trade MAY alos have problems with this.............
I would, and I am 63.3% a DA...............:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Z. I had the motor (Long block) replaced in mine at 15000 miles. I also had 9 previous trips to the dealer for leaking diff, electrical problems, etc. I made one phone call to GM customer service and they gave me an extended warranty, no problems (5yr/75000 miles). Your only problem may be the fact that you only have 500 miles and GM might claim you haven't used up much of yuor warranty. I tried for a buy back, no luck. I am still trying, just not with much success. It's like pulling teeth trying to get someone's name. Good luck.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts