Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, I could get the car to lose traction even with traction control on when the car was in 1st, rpms in the 3k range..But last night, I turn the traction control off and I just installed my Halltech T1. Had the car in the same scenario and punch it, OMG. The car took off with some serious wheel hop..It surprise me to have that much feel hop since I was already rolling about 25-30mph...But the 40 degree air might had something to do with it.:D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Congrats on the improvement. Believe it or not, my "old, out of favor" Breathless cold air unit does the same thing for me. Definite noticeable difference for a very modest sum. I suspect the Blackwing folks have similar stories to tell...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Mine acted wierd at first. No noticable difference for about the first week using it. Then gradually over the next week it felt like the car grew an extra lung. I haven't dyno'd it yet but it sure feels like I've gained almost 20 hp. And what's really exciting is that the car is running very noticably rich right now . This means when I lean out the fuel trims I should pick up some extra power.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes there is a noticeable improvement with the sidewinder..the first time i ran the car hard it just wanted to sit and spin thru 1st&2nd gear..the cold temps really help with car breathing more air:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I can toast my tires mostly through second, and third gear at about 90 the tires generally let go again. I am close to stock but no cigar. :lol:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
MOUNTAINWOLF said:
Curious... do most of you guys get any spin going into 3rd ? I have not yet, even getting on it pretty hard. (I am however, bone stock)
3rd will break loose.......

Big time if I'm even in the slightest turn (a lane change) just by stepping on it from about 3500 rpm.

On just about all 2-3 up shifts higher than about 4500 rpm.

Both 1st and 2nd will light up ferociously from a roll in a straight line just by stepping on it above 3500 rpm.

Damn, better go see if I have any rear tires left

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: of course mine is an 01 model with the larger stock injectors. 01's seem to gain more from a T1 than the 02's do. I could easily believe that all it takes is a T1 to make an 01 model match or possibly slightly exceed the 02 models power. Also I think I might have a very strong 01. It seems that some LS6's make more power than others in stock form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts