Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I got the chance to test drive a 2005 C6 Z51. I hadn't seen one up close before and I must say that it changed my mind; about the looks at least. The pics in the magazines don't do it justice. It looked great! Black on black with the chrome optional rims,.. chrome looked a bit cheap though. I have a 2003 Z06 and wanted to see how the C6's 400hp compared to the Z's 405hp. I was expecting similar performance but found the "old" Z felt faster,.. this of course based upon my highly sensitive seat of the pants diagnostic tool. The C6 is very smooth and perhaps that masks its speed. No doubt it is a fast car. Great site guys/gals.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
The black ones will get you everytime.
Welcome to the site. :coo:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been watching the site for quite a while... finally time to jump in. Great site. Lots of good dialogue. Now all we need is the price of the C6 Z06! cya

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome to another Northern Neighbor!

PaulE said:
Been watching the site for quite a while... finally time to jump in. Great site. Lots of good dialogue. Now all we need is the price of the C6 Z06! cya
Well, here's my 500th post ...
Welcome to :z:
Now we won't let you off with a "cya" ... :NoNo:
Enquiring (and idle) minds want to know 'bout you and the Z ... how long you've owned, "good habits" you've acquired in the seat :D, mods ???, pics ??? (tho you can call me out on this too).
Several forum folks here from up your way. Had the pleasure to meet Dan and Kyle Corcoran on the One Lap stop at Summit. So don't be a stranger! :jammin:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Welcome to the best Vette site! :cheers:

My wife was born & raised in Wallaceburg, Ontario. Where do you live?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
The wife and our two young boys live in Toronto.
As for mods,.. the 03Z is bone stock. Ordered it new from the dealer and absolutely love it. This is the third Vette I've owned. Previous one was a 99 Convertible. Other Vette that I still have is a 69 Convertible. Now that one has some mods,.. forged 383, Dart heads, Comp cam, roller rockers, 125hp NOS shot, etc,..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts