Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Have any of you guys had any experience with this company's 'Power ring'? It's a wet shot that goes just after the MAF. They claim 110hp and 200+ trq gains on a 100 shot. I'd supply a link but apparently thats a no no here. The website is easy to find.

Comments....

Thanks, Noel.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Yep. I ran one of the TNT F2 kits on my Z06 for 15+ months. No issues at all. I just decided to splurge and go the twin-turbo route.

With a 125hp shot my car went from 371 to 490+rwhp and 360 to 570rwtq with careful and meticulous tuning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
careful and meticulous?

To those of us without tuners readily available, what could be expected without any tune? I thought the whole idea of a wet kit was that the right amount of fuel is being added to the nitrous shot in question, be it 100 or whatever. Can you please explain a little further?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I dont have any special tuning done yet.
I used TNT's recomended jets for the 100 shot and made 494rwhp 565rwtq with a perfect 11.7 a/f all the way to 6500.

On motor she made 367rwhp 364rwtq with a 11.2 a/f ratio.
Stock tuning Halltech Intake and GHL catback.

:yeadog:

But I do recommend to put it on the dyno and see for yourself. Each car is different from the factory.

·
3,265 Posts
I tuned the car myself. I started with the TNT jets, but it was way too rich (10.4:1), so I leaned it out a bit by swapping in different jets. The dyno shop had some jets that were in between the 100 and 150 jets, so I played with it a little bit to find the right combination for how my engine was responding.

So, it doesn't take any special computer tune, but a willingness to take the time and make a few dyno pulls to get it right, althewhile pulling spark plugs to insure that everything is ok.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool. That sounds like massive gains for a 100 shot. These LS motors respond so well to mods. I was looking at the NX kit that replaces you fuel rails etc...but I believe my mind has just been made up. Looks like I'll have to find a dyno.

Thanks guys.
Noel.

·
Registered
417 Posts
TNT 125 for me with power ring and picked up extra 250 rwtq and 125 rwhp (at peak). The max. hp gain was actually closer to 200 rwhp at about 3500 rpm. Don't forget about pulling timing and changing plugs as TNT recommends. Your stock tune & plugs "might" be okay with just a 100 shot as it was for me, but don't download some aftermarket handheld tune into the car since they usually advance the timing. Instead, use it to back off timing by manually doing it yourself. Then, change plugs as recommended by TNT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just dyno'd my car. I only ran the 50 shot (TNT F1 Kit) to make sure everything was working, but here's what I got on a Mustang Dyno. I was bummed because I had run a baseline on a dynojet and difference between the dynojet and the mustang dyno was big. See below.

Baseline Dynojet
356 hp 350 tq A/F 12.5

Baseline on a Mustang Dyno
329hp 327 tq A/F 12.3

Running 50 shot TNT kit on a Mustang Dyno
355 hp 360 tq A/F 10.5

Thoughts and comments welcomed.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
jet it up to 100 shot and get on a dynojet.

it should make 100rwhp at least, more like 120rwhp

I just dyno'd my car. I only ran the 50 shot (TNT F1 Kit) to make sure everything was working, but here's what I got on a Mustang Dyno. I was bummed because I had run a baseline on a dynojet and difference between the dynojet and the mustang dyno was big. See below.

Baseline Dynojet
356 hp 350 tq A/F 12.5

329hp 327 tq A/F 12.3

355 hp 360 tq A/F 10.5

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts

Baseline Dynojet
356 hp 350 tq A/F 12.5

329hp 327 tq A/F 12.3

355 hp 360 tq A/F 10.5

Mustangs dyno will always read low, for some reason I don't know. With the percentage drop of your baseline, I'd gues that when you put the same 50 shot on the DynoJet, your results will be more favorable......probably around 390 rwhp +/- is what I'm thinking.
It's more important to see the results with track times though.....dyno numbers are just that. The real results show in times.
I'm with CraZee too, jet her up to 100 BUT....do it together with pulling the plugs, checking everything esp the A/F.

Keep us posted.

Maybe start a new thread though..........this one has been revivied from 2005!!

·
3,265 Posts

Baseline Dynojet
356 hp 350 tq A/F 12.5

329hp 327 tq A/F 12.3

355 hp 360 tq A/F 10.5

The other guys are right on. It's hard to compare #s from different dynos, expecially different kinds. Dynojets are what I'm used to, and those stock #s look solid.

You need to get different jets. There is no reason to have an A/F ratio so rich with just a 50-shot. That's almost nothing. I would venture that if you ran a little smaller fuel jet to get the A/F ratio to ~11.5 (which is perfectly fine, especially given the small, small shot), you'd be at 375rwhp easily. I'm going to guess here, but just looking at your TQ #, I'd say you probably didn't activate the nitrous until well after 3000rpm. You're going to get the peak TQ # basically as soon as you hit it, and it will drop as the rpms climb, so the later you hit it in the rev-range, the lower the peak TQ # will be.

Again, it is just a measuring tool, so do not be discouraged.

My advice is to be willing to invest in some different sized jets to get the A/F ratio right. 11.0-11.5:1 with a 100-125 shot is good. Doesn't need to be any richer than that from my experience.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone know approximately what jet sizes would result in different AF? Before I buy 20 jets to try, just curious where I should start. So say I ran a 18 fuel jet this time, should I jump to a 15 or do I really need to lower it one number at a time? Also, when do I need to start retarding timing? Thought maybe I should pick up a diablo predator just for that functionality.
Thanks guys.

·
3,265 Posts
Anyone know approximately what jet sizes would result in different AF? Before I buy 20 jets to try, just curious where I should start. So say I ran a 18 fuel jet this time, should I jump to a 15 or do I really need to lower it one number at a time? Also, when do I need to start retarding timing? Thought maybe I should pick up a diablo predator just for that functionality.
Thanks guys.
I had a good rapport with the shop where I dyno'd my car. We swapped jets until we got everything set up right. They had plenty of them, so I just tried several combinations til it was in good order, and then just paid for those.

I didn't retard my timing with a 125hp shot. I didn't advance it under N/A conditions, either. But I did have a custom tune for N/A with stock timing, so it would run well N/A, and then let the nitrous set up take care of itself.

Once you get to 150hp though, I'd retard the timing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts