Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't keep these on the shelf. Just got another pallet load.
I send every one out to have the flywheel and pressure plate zero balanced separately. This way you can swap flywheels or pressure plates independently.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What info/feedback can you share about these clutches? How much RWHP/RWTQ do they "claim" they can handle and what are your customers comments? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
They work great.

They've been behind a v7 YSi supercharged Holden recently who made about 800 RWHP and at the ls1street nats made about 40 passes, and hot lapped the car all day at the event.

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=38784

car ran 10.4 @ 143mph in the 1/4 in a 3900 lb car.

Blu-by-U just added one to his car and has been beating the snot out of it. He's reported its great thus far.

So far everyone I know who has one is quite happy with them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feedback has been great. I had one in my 427 and thought it was very streetable. I think it's the best street/strip clutch I've tried so far.
The had a car that made 1041# torque on a load contol dyno and couldn't drive through it.

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
How would this clutch compare to the Spec Stage 5? It will be going behind my 427.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a lot smoother than the Spec St 5. It will definately hold the power. On a load cell dyno they ran a car that made 1041 # torque and couldn't drive through it.
There was some chatter on Tech about starting a GP on these.
I talked to the guys at Textralia and they said it was OK to do a GP.
The GP price will be $925, shipped. This includes pressure plate, disc, flywheel, slave and installation tool.
I'll just start a GP thread to make it easier.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
For what it's worth Ivo, I burnt out my Spec 5 at the track on Thursday.
Not sure what I'm gonna do now :(

Mike
Dangit Mike! Take care of that car. It's gotta make it to the fest for my ride. :mah:

·
Registered
292 Posts
What kind of flywheel is included in the GP? Is it lightweight at all? I have been thinking of going with a Spec 3 and light flywheel, but with all this talk about the "aussie" clutch, I am considering going this route now. Any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts