Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car back yesterday from [email protected] and it runs and sounds like a cat shot in the ass.

Had the following done:

PP stg. 2 cyl heads
LG LT's
220/224 .580/.580 114
double roller timing chain
SVO 30 lb. injectors
tunnel brace/heat shield
Exedy single disk clutch
DTE strut brace
hardened output shaft

While I was there I weighed a stock ZO6 clutch assy. (flywheel, hat, friction disk) against an exedy single assy. on a scale and was amazed to the 14 lb. difference. And the exedy has a steel flywheel. :jawdrop:

An amazing clutch, went through the gears and I couldnt believe how clean the upshifts are now with this clutch, before in 3rd and 4th with the stock unit the RPM's would decline a little upon upshift's, now its right back up in the powerband with zero slippage.

Things I noticed right away upon first drive was for one that my left calve is going to be bigger than my right, a slight lope in idle in closed loop, the chassis really felt tighter with the 1/2 thick tunnel brace, and that with the loudmouth exhaust I may need to wear earmuffs while driving at WOT...Nah, not that loud but I havent heard anything as loud in my life.

Car dialed in 60 rwhp, 55 rwtq over a stock C6. Im happy with the #'s and the overall package. I observed a shocking 3 mpg increase in fuel economy on the way home. At 75 mph I was getting 32 mpg, at 65 mph, 35 mpg on a perfectly flat road...

Andy and the rest of the crew there were great, I enjoyed talking with them and watching them work on various C5 powerhouses. I couldnt believe the amount of vettes that were there, definetely a professional enjoyable place to have work done if youre looking for one.

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Congrat's on the up-grades, what kind of horse power is it putting out with the PP stg. 2 cyl heads Are these the Patriot heads?

I'm curious, because and I am very close to your set-up, 30lbs injectors, long tubes, cam 228/230 590 112
I just installed a cam and I am considering the Patriot heads.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
eviLS6 said:
I got my car back yesterday from [email protected] and it runs and sounds like a cat shot in the ass.

Gawd, I hope not! When on earth did you shoot a cat in the ass!?! :eyes: :eek2: :eek: Just thinking about that is giving me chills! :puke:

Can't go wrong with A&A.
Congrats on that new power! :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06Dad said:
Can't go wrong with A&A.
Congrats on that new power! :jammin:

A&A :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
135 Posts
ovaltobowtie said:
I emailed [email protected] over a week ago. Maybe this week I will hear from them........
I would give Andy a call Monday. I'm sure shops like Andy's get lot's of email and it probably takes some time to reply back to everyone on top of everything else he may have going on. He's very cool to talk to. :yeadog:

George

·
Registered
310 Posts
Answering emails

It's best to call me. It's 11 at night and I've been answering emails for 2 hours. Emails are not foolproof. I sometimes have guys say they emailed me and I never saw it. I try to answer every one but I guess some slip through the cracks. I'm always available by phone, even after hours!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I can attest to that. Every tiem I have ever called his shop, he has answered the phone himself. Not to mention that the cars he builds drive like stock, sound like jet planes, and go like they were shot out of a cannon.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ditto on Andi being a cool guy. He's always treated my right, stands behind his product, and is a no BS type of businessman. He's definitely "Corvette People" all the way through.

·
Registered
219 Posts
andy is a class act. he's always taken the time to answer my questions and he emailed me a quote within a day of me sending the parts list. A&A will be getting my next H/C order. :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts