Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to give a big Thank You to Bigcat39 with assists from his wife Beth at this years Z06fest. He worked with me for about 10 hours in the heat at night buffing and detailing my car. Working by drop light at night is not easy but had to be done due to the high daytime heat. My 61k mile paint looks incredible after the magic he and Porter-Cable did with me on my car. Thanks Bro. :z:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
panzer said:
I want to give a big Thank You to Bigcat39 with assists from his wife Beth at this years Z06fest. He worked with me for about 10 hours in the heat at night buffing and detailing my car. Working by drop light at night is not easy but had to be done due to the high daytime heat. My 61k mile paint looks incredible after the magic he and Porter-Cable did with me on my car. Thanks Bro. :z:
Could you detail what you guys did to your car and which product's did you use. Sounds like he did an outstanding job.

Thanks, D.J. :usa:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OneQuickCoupe said:
Could you detail what you guys did to your car and which product's did you use. Sounds like he did an outstanding job.

Thanks, D.J. :usa:
Bigcat39 I leave this response to you master :)

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
I was noticing on the way back to VA how shiny your 61k mi. paint was. I believe it is the best your car has looked since I've known you. :D Bigcat & you did a great job :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Bigcat :jammin: :jammin:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2MchFun said:
I was noticing on the way back to VA how shiny your 61k mi. paint was. I believe it is the best your car has looked since I've known you. :D Bigcat & you did a great job :thumb:
Thanks, nice of you to say so Bob. :D

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here are some pictures of my car. In these pictures it only has one coat of Adam's detail spray we put on at Z06fest to get me home. We ran out of time to get the Zaino on which I will do this weekend.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
nice :thumb: things have sure come a long way since the "Simoniz shine"....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Panzer, You are using a combination of Zaino and Adam's? Could you give me some more detail? Inquiring minds what to know. Thanks for posting the pic's. Looking good.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I just put the Adams on to provide some protection on the way home (700+ miles). I was going to use my Zaino but the ZFX accelerator I had dried up so don't let yours sit too long..(19.95 for a little bottle of ZFX chemicals (a couple dozen drops) and four plastic bottles & a couple dollars for shipping :eek: :bang: ) I will strip the Adam's with alcohol then put on the Zaino this weekend

The Adam's stuff is the absolute best I have found for getting rid of waterspots that dry onto your paint. :thumb: I am not sure what does the job better for the final touch Zaino Z-6 or Adam's detail spray? Opinions?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
panzer said:
I just put the Adams on to provide some protection on the way home (700+ miles). I was going to use my Zaino but the ZFX acceleartor I had dried up so don't let yours sit too long..(19.95 for a little bottle of ZFX chemicals (a couple dozen drops) and four plastic bottles & a couple dollars for shipping :eek: :bang: ) I will strip the Adam's with alcohol then put on the Zaino this weekend

The Adam's stuff is the absolute best I have found for getting rid of waterspots that dry onto your paint. :thumb: I am not sure what does the job better for the final touch Zaino Z-6 or Adam's detail spray? Opinions?
I have tried the Z-8 on my Coupe and Tahoe. It works good also. The only problems I have had with the Z-8 is now my car cover won't say on. No kidding the Z-8 rejects car covers. That didn't happen when I used the Z-6. Don't know why. I have a quantity of Adam's coming Friday and will give it a try on both machines.

D.J. :)

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only problem with the the Z-8 is that it is 19.95 a bottle. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts