Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a proud owner of a 2001 Z06. I had to order it blind because there aren't many of them around here in Canada.

It has been 1000km (just over 600 miles) and i love it to bits!

However, the fixed antenna looks way to tempting for vandals. I was perplexed that they removed the automatic antenna. It couldn't have weighed that much.

Is anybody aware of a replacement kit for a short stubby antenna? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have removed my antenna..I only use the CD. I have covered the bolt threads with a black rubber "bolt protector" that fits perfect and looks a retractable antenna. Email me if you want one of these black protectors.

varsityZ06

[email protected]

·
Registered
528 Posts

On 2001-06-04 09:43, varsityZ06 spewed forth this drivel:
I have removed my antenna..I only use the CD. I have covered the bolt threads with a black rubber "bolt protector" that fits perfect and looks a retractable antenna. Email me if you want one of these black protectors.

varsityZ06

[email protected]
I also used this solution. Only difference is my cover is yellow to match my Z.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't believe that you should be so concerned. The antenna is easily replaced. If someone really wants to do your car harm big time, he only needs a sharp object (or key) to do hundreds or thousands in paint damage. The antenna will look like a small sacrifice in comparison. I personally don't worry with my Z. Park in the open where everyone can see what's going on around your car.

GOLD72

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm getting the best long distance, talk radio reception I have had in years. Mine stays on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Rome,

when I am worried, I simply unscrew it and lock in car. Also do this when I put cover on.

The best, /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
Mine came "pre-bent" from the factory... the first purchase was a replacement mast at Shucks Auto Parts (like NAPA)... cost $6.95 (in black) CHEAP!!!

HarleyB

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I also have replaced my antenna with a black rubber bolt protector. Around town I have not noticed a decline in reception.

Vince

·
Registered
68 Posts
West Coast Corvettes have the power antenna listed in their catalog.
Can the installation mimic the one on the convertable?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i replaced mine with one sold at a local speed shop for about $9 bucks its all black and 16inches tall. just shop around at any RS strauss or auto parts store the thread is standard gm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts