Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.
I need your thoughts. Mirak Chevrolet's Service Director, Steve Jones, called today to say CMD can get him rings by Friday.

I really don't want the engine opened up at all and especially by a GREAT TRUCK store.

I'd rather a new engine assembly or a trade assistance (counsel is working on that).

My problem is I really like this my car!!
What would you do? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
JJ,

JMHO...I would let them rebuild mine. That's what a warranty is for. From what I have heard, the ones that had a rebuild are happy. If the problem isn't corrected, then I would be screaming!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I understand your frustration and your reluctance but if it were my car I'd let them rebuild it. I hope everything comes out alright for you, if not you can continue your legal action.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would really hate to let the LOCO Chevy mechanic open up my Z06 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If you can find a dealer with a specalist on Corvettes, MAYBE /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi Jesse,
I know, for a fact, that every engine in which the new rings have been installed, the oil consumption has been fixed.
As for the competence of the dealer, I would recommend that you talk with the mechanic that will be doing the work, and see how he feels on this issue, and how he treats the car.
If he is truly worth his mettle, you will have no doubts after speaking with him directly.
Best to ya, and I would love the car too, even with the oil issue.
I remain, c4c5

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Jim, I would go for the rings now and enjoy the car. But as a qualifier I bought the ZO6 in sep and picking up silverado 2500HD 4x4 on tues so........Ric

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
My car's engine was fixed under warranty for a different issue, and ever since they opened it up, it runs a lot faster than before. It's consistently 1-2 MPH and 0.10 to 0.20 faster in the 1/4 mile than almost every other car with the same bolt-ons. For example, on the day I ran 12.67 @ 114.85 MPH, the other C5s and F-bodies were in the 110-111 MPH range and 12.9x to 13.0x range, for their best times. My run was on a 2.22 60' time, too!

I'd let them do it. Have confidence.

·
Registered
906 Posts
...me too. I'd let them take their shot... if they F--- up.... send in the "sharks"!!

HarleyB

'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark•

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts